Sandy Bridge Laptop.
System : Asus UX32a

CPU: core i3 2367M @1,4GHz
Chipset : Intel Sandybridge Rev 09, Southbridge = HM76 Rev. 04
Graphics: Intel HD3000 rev 09
Bios Version : American Megatrends 216
Screen Resolution: 1366X768
Bootloader: Clover UEFI

I'm really stuck in here, i cannot even reach the installer anymore! I reached it in the past, by removing graphic texts as you posted earlier in this thread, but now it start to load.. but arrives a moment where the installer stops and shows a Banned symbol (and i really think it has to do with the HD 3000 not being able to function).

Sandy Bridge Laptop.

I'm really stuck in here, i cannot even reach the installer anymore! I reached it in the past, by removing graphic texts as you posted earlier in this thread, but now it start to load.. but arrives a moment where the installer stops and shows a Banned symbol (and i really think it has to do with the HD 3000 not being able to function).

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hello Rehabman, I've read those guides hundreds of times. In fact, you helped me in the past, I'm typing you from an Asus Q501La, almost fully functional, via Clover, updated to 10.10.5 without any issues. Last week I finished the install of Yosemite in an Asus S400CA... but this times it's taking me longer.

Now every time I start a new build I extract and patch my owns DSDTs. I've learned the hard way you have to do it yourself. At first I thought DSDT extraction and patches (extracted ACPI tables via Ubuntu) were the problem. But I really think the problem is in the config.plist. I've tried hundreds of methods, hundreds of different config.plist, even the ones you shared - minimal configuration to reach the installer. I deleted graphic kext, modified kext, nothing works.

That's the reason I asked to @andrigis to share either his extra folder/config.plist, so I can mimic his configuration and make sure I have a start point. If I can't even reach the installer I'm completely lost. It's frustrating 'cause I managed to reach the installer and install Yosemity in this computer before...but with so many updates and versions...it's imposible to follow the right track on this matter.

I also dislike the fact that there only exists a unique thred on the internet about this computer (Asus Ux32A equipped with an intel i3/HD3000. All other topics talk about the i5 of the same laptop, with a very different GPU.

I'm trying with unibeast/chimera unibeast/clover right now.. let's hope andrigis can answer my prayers soon.

Thanks for everything.

UPDATE.

El Capitan with full graphic acceleration...through HDMI though. I've trid to patch the SNBFramebuffer to make the LVDS - internal laptop display- to work like suggested in this thread but it's not working. What am I missing?

Can anyone please share some knowledge?

UPDATE.

El Capitan with full graphic acceleration...through HDMI though. I've trid to patch the SNBFramebuffer to make the LVDS - internal laptop display- to work like suggested in this thread but it's not working. What am I missing?

Can anyone please share some knowledge?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Signature filled! But it trims the info.. so here you are:

Sandy Bridge Laptop.

Can you please check my ioreg file and tell me what do you see? If there's something completely wrong.. As I said before.. I can only get my H3000 recognized via HDMI.

View attachment ASUS UX32A i3 Pro.ioreg

Signature filled!

Not. Need all 6 details as requested in your profile.

Can you please check my ioreg file and tell me what do you see? If there's something completely wrong.. As I said before.. I can only get my H3000 recognized via HDMI.

No idea without hardware specs requested.

What about it now? Can you see my signature? :S I'm trying to get it into one line like you have all your laptops...

Enter in free form signature. Ignore build signatures (too buggy).

I can see enough info in main profile though...

Signature filled! But it trims the info.. so here you are:

Sandy Bridge Laptop.

View attachment 153359

It is probably an EDID issue. You should try injecting EDID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back