i7-4712MQ/HM86
Graphics
HD4600/Geforce 820M - Integrated Display: 1366x768, External Display: 3840x2160
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!
I have installed recently macOS Monterey in my MSI CX61-1214XES using OpenCore's guide, but I'm having some troubles at getting my HDMI port working.

Currently it happens 2 things:
  1. If HDMI is connected before I power on my computer, my external display doesn't work but the PC does not reboot.
  2. If I hot-plug the HDMI conector while the computer is on, then it reboots automatically.
I tried solving these issues patching the ports, but I haven't lucky.

I'm attaching my EFI folder, in case it helps to solve my issue...

Thank you!

Attachments

• MSI_CX61-1214XES_EFI.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 45
Hello!
I have installed recently macOS Monterey in my MSI CX61-1214XES using OpenCore's guide, but I'm having some troubles at getting my HDMI port working.

1. If HDMI is connected before I power on my computer, my external display doesn't work but the PC does not reboot.
  2. If I hot-plug the HDMI conector while the computer is on, then it reboots automatically.

Thank you!
I have moved your post to laptop support

Hello!

Thank you!
Hi there,

I can see you have a GEForce card in your build. Unfortunately with Monterey you're going to have some issues. As the HDMI port on laptops is usually connected to the (Nvidia) dGPU if it crashes when you hot plug it is likely possible because it doesn't have the driver? We know native cards up to Kepler can still run with Big Sur. But on Monterey they are absent so will need patching using something like chris1111's GEForce Kepler Patcher for use on Monterey. That most likely may solve your issue.

However having said that there could be one other solution. Some time ago I discovered there is a kext from Acidanthera that allows for video output on Nvidia cards via the HDMI port on laptops called UEFI Graphics FB. That could also help (but doesn't provide hardware acceleration, only VESA mode access). > https://github.com/acidanthera/UEFIGraphicsFB

Last but not least I would also check your Intel IGPU device properties for your Haswell system set against this link >

Hi there,

I can see you have a GEForce card in your build. Unfortunately with Monterey you're going to have some issues. As the HDMI port on laptops is usually connected to the (Nvidia) dGPU if it crashes when you hot plug it is likely possible because it doesn't have the driver? We know native cards up to Kepler can still run with Big Sur. But on Monterey they are absent so will need patching using something like chris1111's GEForce Kepler Patcher for use on Monterey. That most likely may solve your issue.

However having said that there could be one other solution. Some time ago I discovered there is a kext from Acidanthera that allows for video output on Nvidia cards via the HDMI port on laptops called UEFI Graphics FB. That could also help (but doesn't provide hardware acceleration, only VESA mode access). > https://github.com/acidanthera/UEFIGraphicsFB

Last but not least I would also check your Intel IGPU device properties for your Haswell system set against this link >
Thank you, Middleman!

I tried to install The GeForce Kepler Patch, but then the system didn't want to Boot Up, so I had to reinstall It. Maybe the problem is that my card is not based in Kepler architecture, but is based on Fermi (which seems to be older).

Then I tried Acidanthera's patch, which helped to make some progress:
Now It doesn't restart automatically when I hot-plug the HDMI, but It freezes and I have to shutdown the computer "manually" pressing the power button during some seconds...

The last thing I have to do is to check again the config for Intel Graphics' cards, but I think that I won't be lucky...

Thank you, Middleman!

I tried to install The GeForce Kepler Patch, but then the system didn't want to Boot Up, so I had to reinstall It. Maybe the problem is that my card is not based in Kepler architecture, but is based on Fermi (which seems to be older).

Then I tried Acidanthera's patch, which helped to make some progress:
Now It doesn't restart automatically when I hot-plug the HDMI, but It freezes and I have to shutdown the computer "manually" pressing the power button during some seconds...

The last thing I have to do is to check again the config for Intel Graphics' cards, but I think that I won't be lucky...
nvidia optimus will not work on a hack

only your intel graphics will work

upload new config.plist

nvidia optimus will not work on a hack

only your intel graphics will work

upload new config.plist
Hello Feartech!

I'm uploading the config.plist. You will see that I have the kext that Middleman suggested (and that I will have to remove) and then my test about patching the connectors 1 & 2 to HDMI. Appart from that, the config.plist should be the same as I uploaded on my attachment on the first posts (A zip with the EFI folder and the last OpenCore log before uploading it).

Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.8 KB · Views: 30
Hello Feartech!

I'm uploading the config.plist. You will see that I have the kext that Middleman suggested (and that I will have to remove) and then my test about patching the connectors 1 & 2 to HDMI. Appart from that, the config.plist should be the same as I uploaded on my attachment on the first posts (A zip with the EFI folder and the last OpenCore log before uploading it).

Thank you!
when you created your HPET.aml using:
there should have been a file with some find and replace entries for your config.plist, they seem to be missing from your config.plist

remove:
UEFIGraphicsFB

Lilu.kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

you could also try MacBookPro11,5 to see if that also works better

(also, for comparison, if I plug HDMI in my laptop and turn on, I get no screen on laptop but I do on external display, works ok if I plug in HDMI when I am at the desktop on macOS)

when you created your HPET.aml using:
there should have been a file with some find and replace entries for your config.plist, they seem to be missing from your config.plist

remove:
UEFIGraphicsFB

Lilu.kext should be first in your list in your config.plist

you could also try MacBookPro11,5 to see if that also works better

(also, for comparison, if I plug HDMI in my laptop and turn on, I get no screen on laptop but I do on external display, works ok if I plug in HDMI when I am at the desktop on macOS)
Hello Feartech.

I have removed UEFIGraphicsFB's kext and I have added the entries from the config.plist generated by SSDTTime.
Then, I have put Lilu.kext the first on the list, but I am still having the same problem:
The laptop won't detect my external display if it's connected before I power on the computer and if I hot-plug it, then the system freezes.

I'm uploading again my config.plist, maybe I have something else wrong or I have missed something else...
I have uploaded OpenCore's log, too, in case it helps...

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.9 KB · Views: 26
  • opencore-2022-09-19-182148.txt
    256 KB · Views: 22
Hello Feartech.

I have removed UEFIGraphicsFB's kext and I have added the entries from the config.plist generated by SSDTTime.
Then, I have put Lilu.kext the first on the list, but I am still having the same problem:
The laptop won't detect my external display if it's connected before I power on the computer and if I hot-plug it, then the system freezes.

I'm uploading again my config.plist, maybe I have something else wrong or I have missed something else...
I have uploaded OpenCore's log, too, in case it helps...
did it work on previous versions of macOS when you would have used MacBookPro11,1 ?

did it work on previous versions of macOS when you would have used MacBookPro11,1 ?
It's my first time trying hackintosh on this computer, (and in any computer) so I don't know if with MacBookPro11,1 would work in previous macOS versions.

Tomorrow I would try using MacBookPro11,5 in order to see if something changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back