Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> intel hd graphics 4600 & 4K: no UI scaling options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok lets try something a bit different ... try the config.plist attached to this post, as before copy it to /EFI/Clover replacing the one that is already there (make sure you have a backup).

@jaymonkey great! I will tonight when I'm back in the office, but the config.plist is not attached yet.

after installing this config.plist please re-run the gen debug script and post updated PR Files and i'll try to figure out what your missing.

will do. thank you

@jaymonkey

at first I could not boot on restart (not even with -v), after turning computer off and on it worked. no changes in the display setting (option + scale).

Also, I can't create a report anymore

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 16.39.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 16.39.57.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 16.44.38.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-22 at 16.44.38.png
    83 KB · Views: 52
at first I could not boot on restart (not even with -v), after turning computer off and on it worked. no changes in the display setting (option + scale).

@lionnez,

How are you booting MacOS ? ... normally, Verbose or Safe mode ?

IGPU should not be showing up as headless (all ports configured as dummy)

Also, I can't create a report anymore

As indicated in the output and by @P1LGRIM's post above, reboot system, at Clover Screen press F2 ... wait a few seconds ... the press F4 ... wait a few more seconds then boot MacOS.

Generate new PR Files and post ...

Cheers
Jay

@lionnez,

You are missing some pretty important ACPI patches which might by why it's not booting normally.

Let's start with a few basic ones first, I've added several common ACPI fixes and renames to the config.plist, please copy the attached config.plist to /EFI/Clover - replace the existing one with this one.

Next download and unzip the attached HotPatches.zip archive and copy the three files to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.

Once done, reboot the PC ... press F2 wait a few seconds, press F4 ... wait a few seconds and then try booting MacOS normally.

Regenerate PR files and a screen shot of the IGPU info and connectors tabs from Hackingtool

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• HotPatches.zip
    2 KB · Views: 47
  • config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
@jaymonkey unfortunately the most recent config.plist and the one before this one don't work without -v

I did add the hotpatches

the only config.plist that lets me boot normally is attached

Attachments

• configbackup.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 52
Please try this one :-

I've changed the SMBIOS type to iMac14,1 which should be for Haswell CPU + IGPU only configuration (no dGPU)

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back