Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> intel hd graphics 4600 & 4K: no UI scaling options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger .... try safe mode ?

Was the only thing you changed installing those two kexts ? ... if so thats very odd as i've just noticed from your debug files that you actually already had those two kexts installed so re-installing them should not have caused an issue.

As such I'm not sure what could be the cause of your current boot issue ...

I've checked your latest debug files and it looks ok .... Lilu + WhatEverGreen are now doing their job and setting the IGPU with the correct framebuffer .... however by default the iMac14,2 SMBIOS when using a solo IGPU will default to the LVDS connector (for the iMacs internal display) which is why your limited to 2560x1440 ... so you will need to patch the IGPU framebuffer using Hackingtool ... you need to set the frame buffers connectors to match the physical port types on your motherboard ... this is why you are unable to run at 4K.

The process is detailed in this guide :-

@CaseySJ the author of that guide will be able to assist you if you get stuck.

The other thing you should really do is configure your usb ports correctly .. you can either do it using a SSDT using this guide or your can use Hackingtool to create a custom usb injector kext.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
If you think it was those last two kexts that caused the issue then you could try booting to single user mode which will dump you straight into a bash terminal .. you could then mount the system drive, delete the kexts and rebuild the system/kernel cache.

Cheers
Jay

I installed all kexts and replaced the config.plist with the latest one from you. I added the hot patches as well. I can boot without any problems. however: back to square one, this time the Hackintool shows me different values. So I can not commence with the framebuffer guide

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 03.30.17.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 03.30.17.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 76
  • debug_11500.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 03.52.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 03.52.37.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 63
I installed all kexts and replaced the config.plist with the latest one from you. I added the hot patches as well. I can boot without any problems. however: back to square one, this time the Hackintool shows me different values. So I can not commence with the framebuffer guide

@lionnez,

Debug files show that your using iMac14,1 SMBIOS ... which is interesting as last time we tried iMac14,1 you could not boot MacOS which would suggest that there was some other issue with the config, however from our testing we had the most success with the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS .... so lets go back to that .... please try the config.plist attached.

I'm pretty sure it should fix the IGPU configuration, for now I have disabled the EHC ACPI renames in the attached config.plist as that stopped some of your USB ports from working ...

Please send new screen shots of Hackingtool's Info and Connector tabs along with updated PR Files once installed.

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Please send new screen shots of Hackingtool's Info and Connector tabs along with updated PR Files once installed.

Here you go. I had some problem booting related to the theme files. I fixed that replacing the theme with embedded. still, pretty fickle behaviour

EDIT: booted a few times. seems stable

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 05.02.41.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 05.02.41.png
    270.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 05.02.57.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 05.02.57.png
    256.3 KB · Views: 71
  • debug_2403.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status