Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 4000 not working in Yosemite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!
That worked :D
Now how do I re/name it ? Am I supposed to keep the "SSDT-4.aml" or renaming to something else ?

Keep SSDT-4.aml to avoid confusion. No need to renumber with Clover.

Keep SSDT-4.aml to avoid confusion. No need to renumber with Clover.
There is a little confusion here.
The files I dump with Stock BIOS flashed have different names compared to the ones on post 90.
For example:
Post 90 | Post 95
--------------------------------
SSDT-3.aml | SSDT-3x.aml
SSDT-4.aml | SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-5.aml | SSDT-5x.aml

And...I found OFF METHOD in SSDT4 from Linux dump while it was found in SSDT-6.aml in CLOVER EFI "F4" dump -_-
Also, what about the "SetOrder" thing ?

There is a little confusion here.
The files I dump with Stock BIOS flashed have different names compared to the ones on post 90.
For example:
Post 90 | Post 95
--------------------------------
SSDT-3.aml | SSDT-3x.aml
SSDT-4.aml | SSDT-4x.aml
SSDT-5.aml | SSDT-5x.aml

And...I found OFF METHOD in SSDT4 from Linux dump while it was found in SSDT-6.aml in CLOVER EFI "F4" dump -_-
Also, what about the "SetOrder" thing ?

Linux dump and Clover F4 dumps differ in names/numbering. Just use the numbers from whichever dump you decided to patch from. Linux dumps don't have a '-'. You can add it if you like, or change SortedOrder to match.

The 'x' files from a Clover F4 dump are equivalent to the files in 'dynamic' subdir on a Linux dump. Dynamic SSDTs are never included in ACPI/patched.

Linux dump and Clover F4 dumps differ in names/numbering. Just use the numbers from whichever dump you decided to patch from. Linux dumps don't have a '-'. You can add it if you like, or change SortedOrder to match.

The 'x' files from a Clover F4 dump are equivalent to the files in 'dynamic' subdir on a Linux dump. Dynamic SSDTs are never included in ACPI/patched.
Ok thanks! It's now working.
I just renamed the linux dump file patched by adding the "-" (it was SSDT4.aml, now it became SSDT-4.aml).
I place that file in "patched" folder of clover efi.
Then, I just added "DropOem=true" and I set order according to the order of SSDTs in "origin" folder:
- SSDT.aml
- SSDT-0.aml
- SSDT-1.aml
- SSDT-2.aml
- SSDT-3x.aml
- SSDT-4x.aml
- SSDT-5x.aml
- SSDT-6.aml
After reboot, nvidia was no longer present and slider now work, although "Fn+Arrow Right/Left" doesn't increase/decrease the brightness while "Fn+Up/Down" increase and decrease volume).
I will read about buttons mapping on your thread and also AppleHDA patching because the VoodooHDA kexts produce annoying noise at startup, so I removed them and put back AppleHDA.

Thank you 1000 times RehabMan, God bless you!

Ok thanks! It's now working.
I just renamed the linux dump file patched by adding the "-" (it was SSDT4.aml, now it became SSDT-4.aml).
I place that file in "patched" folder of clover efi.
Then, I just added "DropOem=true" and I set order according to the order of SSDTs in "origin" folder:
- SSDT.aml
- SSDT-0.aml
- SSDT-1.aml
- SSDT-2.aml
- SSDT-3x.aml
- SSDT-4x.aml
- SSDT-5x.aml
- SSDT-6.aml

Please read carefully. 'x' files are dynamic (loaded when required by ACPI 'Load' opcode) and should never be included in ACPI/patched.

Alright, I didn't place them in "patched" forder though ;)

No reason to include files which aren't present in SortedOrder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back