CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here's my setup: i5-3570k / GA-Z77MX-D3H / EVGA GTX 550ti 1 GB/ 16 GB DDR3-1600 / 120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD.

1) I have Mountain Lion installed fine. I even managed to get audio working through AppleHDA with my VIA VT2021 codec. What I can't seem to figure out is how to get my computer to recognize the Intel HD Graphics 4000. I can only boot with my GTX 550ti. I can adjust the amount of VRAM in the BIOS and Auto / Enable / Disable the integrated graphics, but I can't seem to get it to output anything. Given I haven't tried to remove my discrete card and then try the integrated, but that shouldn't matter, right?

2) My GTX 550ti is my next issue. I am able to boot just fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. My issue is that when my display goes to sleep I get this screen with tons of different colored boxes. Please see attached. Also, my total VRAM is recognized as 1536 MB which is actually not true. I have 1024 MB. I have seen this around in the forums, but I there is no solution thus far. I was thinking that the display sleep / VRAM mismatch might be related. Any thoughts?

3) The last topic is having to do with my bootloader. For whatever reason my perfect installation (minus the graphics issues) of ML on this machine seemed to go down the drain when all of a sudden I couldn't boot into ML. The symptoms were when booting with a Chimera build once the Apple logo showed up my computer would restart. I noticed this before when trying to put 10.7.4 on this machine, but couldn't figure it out. I then tried various Chameleon builds > svn 2000. With those build the ML drive was not even recognized in the bootloader. :(. What is so odd about this is that I didn't install anything before this happened. Nothing got tweaked. My only option was to restore from my original backup (which worked).

I realize this is a three-in-one type post, but I thought I could save space on the forums boards. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-29 at 12.16.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-29 at 12.16.44 PM.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 757
So, I know this is not the response you want to see after watching your thread languish for a week... but how on earth did you get audio working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back