Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4000 + external GPU: make the external GPU primary display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cinner did you make any progress?

No progress at all. I tried a bunch of EFI strings and system definitions, but nothing worked. I gave up.

No progress at all. I tried a bunch of EFI strings and system definitions, but nothing worked. I gave up.

Sorry to bump this thread - do you think it is an issue with the card - eg if you had a gtx 6xx would there be a similar problem? The reason i ask is that i have this exact same problem with the exact same card. Machine works beautifully but i have to use a different monitor plugged into the HD4000 to see the Bios and a separate monitor in the GPU for the desktop. Although it's not the end of the world as i won't be using Bios too often, if there isn't a workaround - i am wondering if it isn't an inherent issue with this card..?

If you are not using the 0a or 0b framebuffer in your EFI injection, you will have a problem with HD4000/HDMI video as there are not a HDMI connector in the other framebuffers. Suggest the following:
1. make a bootable back up of your system
2. install Chimera 1.11.1 (sets the 0a framebuffer).
3. delete device properties and set graphicsenabler=yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
4. set the BIOS as my previous post
5. restart
6. it is likely you will have garbled displays; unplug and replug each display (this is a ML issue).

System Information/Graphics/Displays - HD4000/HD 6870. My HD3000/GTX 570 HD system looks the same.

Is there anyway to get rid of number six? I have the GB H77N WiFi with the i3-3225 Mac Pro in SMbios. I bought the i3-3225 to replace the i3-3205 so I would have the more compatible processor but so far it's not. The screen is garbled no matter what port I use when I boot up.

Best Regards!

Anyone made any progress?

I'm desperately in need of a solution for this. Setting the IGFX as primary graphics in BIOS causes Photoshop to use HD4000 as graphics processor. And like the others, I can't get both GPUs running when the primary graphics is set to auto.

Anyone made any progress?

I'm desperately in need of a solution for this. Setting the IGFX as primary graphics in BIOS causes Photoshop to use HD4000 as graphics processor. And like the others, I can't get both GPUs running when the primary graphics is set to auto.

same!!! NEED HELP!!!

Setting the IGFX as primary graphics in BIOS causes Photoshop to use HD4000 as graphics processor. And like the others, I can't get both GPUs running when the primary graphics is set to auto.
Two different issues. The only way you can get to the Desktop is with IGFX as primary. Revert to 10.8.2 or contact Apple if this is a problem. For Photoshop, launch the application on the display connect to the discrete graphics card.

hi

thanks for the quick reply

my system runs with full accelaration for both cards with one monitor

HD3000-->HDMI
GTX460-->DVI

both were showed under pcicards
when i switch to dvi the card dont switch in cinebench

any suggestions???

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back