Contribute
Register

Intel HD 3000 Graphics Fix for OS X El Capitan using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting - failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB error while booting, attached screen shot.

Yes.. it is what prompted me to look at your ioreg for actual hardware configuration.

So the moment i put device and api updates to config file, i am unable to boot.

No idea what you're referring to.

No idea what you're referring to.

I mean when i put below things in my config.plist, i am unable to boot and the error comes for which i attached the screenshot earlier. Without the below items in config.plist, i am able to boot fine without graphics, resolution etc.

- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IMEI=0x1c3a8086
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/INTELGFX=0x01268086
- config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddIMEI_80000=true
- config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddDTGP_0001=true

I mean when i put below things in my config.plist, i am unable to boot and the error comes for which i attached the screenshot earlier. Without the below items in config.plist, i am able to boot fine without graphics, resolution etc.

Perhaps your display is not connected correctly or BIOS settings are not correct.

Requirements:
- IGPU dedicated memory set to 64mb in BIOS
- VT-d disabled in BIOS
- monitor connected via digital connection (VGA not supported)

Perhaps your display is not connected correctly or BIOS settings are not correct.

Requirements:
- IGPU dedicated memory set to 64mb in BIOS
- VT-d disabled in BIOS
- monitor connected via digital connection (VGA not supported)

I just delete this kext - AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and i am able to boot now and graphics are coming fine. Testing a bit for sleep issues which are still causing issues, but i guess we have made some progress. thanks a ton. Please be with me a little more, almost solving this issue. thanks, will revert in a while. :)

I just delete this kext - AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and i am able to boot now and graphics are coming fine. Testing a bit for sleep issues which are still causing issues, but i guess we have made some progress. thanks a ton. Please be with me a little more, almost solving this issue. thanks, will revert in a while. :)

The only reason AppleIntelFramebufferCapri is loading is because you don't have the correct settings (or wrong Clover version) to inject a fake device-id for IMEI.

The only reason AppleIntelFramebufferCapri is loading is because you don't have the correct settings (or wrong Clover version) to inject a fake device-id for IMEI.

I perhaps am missing something. How do i get the latest clover. I am using latest multi beast for el capitan and editing config.plist in latest clover configurator. Also, the EFI partition has all latest files from latest multi beast. Could you suggest a way to update to latest clover which i am missing here.

I perhaps am missing something. How do i get the latest clover. I am using latest multi beast for el capitan and editing config.plist in latest clover configurator. Also, the EFI partition has all latest files from latest multi beast. Could you suggest a way to update to latest clover which i am missing here.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

as suggested I updated the clover. But now after putting:

and i am booting through the new clover partition/bootloader only, graphics are again gone. is there a remedy

I have put the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri back.

Attaching my clover folder from EFI partition. thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 164
as suggested I updated the clover. But now after putting:

and i am booting through the new clover partition/bootloader only, graphics are again gone. is there a remedy

I have put the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri back.

Attaching my clover folder from EFI partition. thanks

You forgot to attach ioreg.

Your config.plist is wrong and does not have the settings previously discussed. In particular, it has an overuse/abuse of ACPI/Fixes and a lack of Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

And... if you ever do manage to boot with the correct settings, you will likely have glitches without kernel flag slide=0 (because you're using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or are booting with Clover legacy, slide=0 is not automatic).

You forgot to attach ioreg.

Your config.plist is wrong and does not have the settings previously discussed. In particular, it has an overuse/abuse of ACPI/Fixes and a lack of Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

And... if you ever do manage to boot with the correct settings, you will likely have glitches without kernel flag slide=0 (because you're using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or are booting with Clover legacy, slide=0 is not automatic).

I have modified config.plist and attaching IOreg and clover again. Still not getting graphics.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back