Contribute
Register

Intel HD 3000 Graphics Fix for OS X El Capitan using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Post #11.
For HD3000 on 7 series:
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IMEI=0x1c3a8086

I don't know why I didn't see that...unfortunately, adding that to my config.plist also made no difference; the graphics are still slow, with the screen redrawing all the time (no QE/QI). Attached for reference is my current config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 300
The hd3000 mixed fix on Yosemite multibeast worked fine.
I dont now what to do with this information to get exceleration in El capitan.
Everything else is working.

I have clover on my boot stick usb but not able to boot clover from hard drive bios blocks it even from chainloading.

UPDATE: I got HD 3000 working on a 7 series motherboard with full acceleration, thanks in part to RehabMan's post here. I was missing setting Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x01268086 (I only had the IMEI FakeID set). Attached is my working config.plist, in case it might help anyone. This is for a system with:

• Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI motherboard
  • Core i3-2105 processor (HD 3000 graphics)

I am encountering some occasional graphics glitches in the form of random horizontal lines, but from the reading I've done it seems this is unavoidable, and can't be fixed; if this is an incorrect assumption and you know how to fix this problem, please let me know. I'm going to advise my friend (who this system belongs to) to add a discrete graphics card if it bothers him too much.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 424
follow this topic,it''s for HD 3000 with 6-series...

but this thread Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards
link

Intel HD 3000 with 7-series and HD 4000 with 6-series

i want to upgrade my computer,Core i5-2500K(Intel HD 3000) and H67 6-series motherboard....

what's the best choice with future newer OS X make the Intel HD 3000 work?

i5-2500K(Intel HD 3000) with 6-series?
or
i5-2500K(Intel HD 3000) with 7-series?

what's the best choice with future newer OS X make the Intel HD 3000 work?

i5-2500K(Intel HD 3000) with 6-series?
or
i5-2500K(Intel HD 3000) with 7-series?

Both will work.

hi guys, this is my config.plist.

I followed this thread and i can't understand why my GPU doesn't work.

On About this Mac i have "Intel HD Graphics 2000 7MB".

Fresh install of 10.11.2 with Clover (legacy).

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 299
hi guys, this is my config.plist.

I followed this thread and i can't understand why my GPU doesn't work.

On About this Mac i have "Intel HD Graphics 2000 7MB".

Fresh install of 10.11.2 with Clover (legacy).

I believe you need to add "AddIMEI_80000=true", "NewWay_80000000=true", and "FixRegions_10000000=true" to "ACPI/DSDT/Fixes" like so:

Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
    <key>DSDT</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Debug</key>
        <false/>
        <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Fixes</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
            <true/>
            <key>FixHDA_8000</key>
            <true/>
            <key>FixHPET_0010</key>
            <true/>
            <key>AddIMEI_80000</key>
            <true/>
            <key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NewWay_80000000</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>

As I understand it, AddIMEI_80000 has to do with Intel HDxxxx graphics, FixRegions_10000000 helps fix the address regions in the DSDT, and NewWay_80000000 is required for either of these to work.

Attached is my config.plist for reference; my situation is slightly different than yours, as I'm using a Sandy Bridge CPU with an Ivy Bridge motherboard on this machine, so I had to also include a FakeID for IMEI to get the mixed configuration to work.

Attachments

• config-SandyCPU_IvyMB.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 329
I thought addIMEI was for hybrid configuration (like ur).

Anyway i fixed deleting all files in EFI partition and re-installing boot with multibeast 8.0.1.

BUT i have still a problem, really low quality video!

My poor english doesn't help to explain u my problem (hope photo posted help), but yesterday i tried to install El Capitan with Chameleon and video was OK (but i had 200 other problems), on clover all graphic is bad, i can see so much pixel and sometime artefacts too.

EDIT: PS: maybe i forgot an important detail, at first boot with hd3000 (fixed) i used underscan (in preferences->display) cause the picture was bigger than screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
I thought addIMEI was for hybrid configuration (like ur).

Anyway i fixed deleting all files in EFI partition and re-installing boot with multibeast 8.0.1.

BUT i have still a problem, really low quality video!

My poor english doesn't help to explain u my problem (hope photo posted help), but yesterday i tried to install El Capitan with Chameleon and video was OK (but i had 200 other problems), on clover all graphic is bad, i can see so much pixel and sometime artefacts too.

EDIT: PS: maybe i forgot an important detail, at first boot with hd3000 (fixed) i used underscan (in preferences->display) cause the picture was bigger than screen.

I ma getting mad, i did some test and my problem is resolution.

On dvi and hdmi 1080p is fake (Also other resolution in display setting), work good only at 1360x768.

On VGA Work perfect at 1080p (really can t understand).

EDIT: i have opened a thread with photos too http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/184143-hd3000-issues-ports-resolution-1080p.html

That just works!!!
i was struggling for some weeks with those glitches and a crappy resolution, now everything's fine!
I just added the second step you suggested.
Thank you VERY much!
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back