Contribute
Register

Intel HD 2500 iGPU partially working with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
So understanding that correctly .... HD2500 could run Mojave out of the box using just smbios 13.3?
Sorry for dumb question, Im still kinda newbie when it comes to deeper knowledge of mac and hacking ...

So understanding that correctly .... HD2500 could run Mojave out of the box using just smbios 13.3?
Sorry for dumb question, Im still kinda newbie when it comes to deeper knowledge of mac and hacking ...

No, HD2500 does not work OOB. Just using SMBIOS iMac 13,3 with Intel HD2500 does not work in my experience. Those that have gotten it working (2 people so far) have used DSDT edits for their specific motherboard and edits to their config.plist.

If you look at the Intel HD graphics support in Mojave (in /S/L/E) you'll see that HD4000 and HD5000 are fully supported. That's because specific models of iMac and Mac Mini depend on those to run a display with Mojave and older versions of macOS. HD2500 only had support briefly in a few point updates of Mt. Lion about 5 years ago.
screen-shot-2018-10-12-at-4-02-38-pm-png.357241

Above Pic: When I searched for AppleIntelHD in the Mojave /S/L/E folder​

Here's what you'll find in older versions of macOS like Mavericks that still had support for HD3000 graphics. If there is no HD2500 .kext, .plugin or .bundle in /S/L/E you have to jump through a lot of hoops to make HD2500 work. A little luck doesn't hurt either !

Screen_Shot.jpg

Last edited:

If you do want to use the fully supported HD4000 all you have to do is swap out your i5-3470 for an i5-3475S or get the i7-3770 and then it will work OOB. These Ivy Bridge CPUs are available on Ebay at reasonable prices.

So, seems my hapiness last just few moments :)

So, seems my hapiness last just few moments :)

There are options that are extremely easy to implement. Get a GT 710 graphics card. Swap out your CPU for one with HD4000. Both affordable and simple solutions.

Thanks for recomendations. I would rather wait couple of months and get a bigger upgrade :) ....... or try again my burned HD7850 .... at least one more try before throw it to bin.

Gents and ladies of course I accidentally have the igpu working with Mojave. With no issues so far. Please let me know if there are any test I should perform.
Cheers
sonicman66

Oops, I have it working with the board listed below
Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H i5-3340S/Z77

Shhhhhhhh I know it's old.
Help me please. I have a HD 2500 with a i5 3300 and I manage it to work but after rebooting the pc 3 times no qe ci and now I have lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back