Contribute
Register

Intel HD 2500 iGPU partially working with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into 13,3 - there was one (It shows in clover config but not MB), its a slightly altered 13,1 made for education and it might be a clue as to why the 2500 works. Had a look at sonicman66's config.plist and there are some additional settings, esp in apic section - if i knew what they did I'd probably have more to say

actually iMac13,3 is really exist

the board-id is Mac-7DF2A3B5E5D671ED

It can be found in the AGPM settings
Code:
/S*/L*/E*/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Code:
<key>Mac-7DF2A3B5E5D671ED</key>
                                <dict>
                                        <key>IGPU</key>
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>EnableOverride</key>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>2</integer>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>16</integer>
                                        </dict>
                                </dict>

no dGPU, IGPU only (HD4000) or iMac version of Macmini

Macmini6,1 IGPU PowerManagement settings
Code:
                                <key>Mac-031AEE4D24BFF0B1</key>
                                <dict>
                                        <key>IGPU</key>
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>EnableOverride</key>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>2</integer>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>16</integer>
                                        </dict>
                                </dict>

Last edited:
I looked into 13,3 - there was one (It shows in clover config but not MB), its a slightly altered 13,1 made for education and it might be a clue as to why the 2500 works. Had a look at sonicman66's config.plist and there are some additional settings, esp in apic section - if i knew what they did I'd probably have more to say
iMac13,3 does not use HD2500, it just likes the Ivy Bridge Macmini, the IGPU is HD4000

iMac13,3 does not use HD2500, it just likes the Ivy Bridge Macmini, the IGPU is HD4000
What Im thinking is that it is the only 13,x imac with Igpu enabled, on the rest the Dgpu (geforce?) is on screen duties, with the intel gpu on but not rendering to the screen. Just a thought - and from somebody who really does know very little about this

I've tried using 13,1 13,2 and 13,3 and still no graphics acceleration with HD2500. I'm thinking it will take some DSDT edits to get this working. I'll look into that next.

I've tried using 13,1 13,2 and 13,3 and still no graphics acceleration with HD2500. I'm thinking it will take some DSDT edits to get this working. I'll look into that next.

You folks might want to compare debug dumps (ioreg/kextcache/Clover/etc).

You folks might want to compare debug dumps (ioreg/kextcache/Clover/etc).

Here's my PR files. I'm only able to boot with Fake IntelGFX ID otherwise I reach the desktop and have a black screen but can see the mouse pointer.

Attachments

• debug_5827.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
I only have two i5 chips the 3470 and 3340S. The 3340S does on my systems(hardware Motherboards two gigabyte boards so far Z77MX-D3H and B75M-HD3) provide x264 acceleration just like the HD 4000 IGPU. They both provide dual monitor configs and metal support. I need to take quick break, lots of processor swapping :)

sonicman66

"Here's my PR files. I'm only able to boot with Fake IntelGFX ID otherwise I reach the desktop and have a black screen but can see the mouse pointer."

create a disk (usb) like I did install clover Uefi only use my clover Folder with config.plist. No more black screen with mouse pointer I had that before. And, Clear your cache kextcache -i sorry don't remember the commands. Actually login from another box with ssh and perform the command before you reboot.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back