Contribute
Register

Intel HD 2500 iGPU partially working with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it's still as affordable as it can get by just replacing CPU or purchasing one of the cheap models listed on your guide.
Yes, these HP models and my Dell 9010 are very affordable even with an i7-3770. I'm using HD4000 and High Sierra with my 9010 and the graphics look great. Even slightly better in Mojave. So if anyone plans on using these for the longer term definitely get the i7-3770 CPU. It performs as good or better than the i3-8100 especially in multi-threaded scenarios. So instead of paying $800+ taxes for a baseline Mac Mini I got the 9010 with a 3770 for around $130. That's some major savings. I can live without Thunderbolt 3 just fine. The Mac Mini configured to what I'd want is well over $1400 with just these modest specs. A core i5, 16 Gigs of ram and 256 GB SSD. That can easily be done for around 200 to 250 dollars with an HP or Dell. I know that the ram and SSD and CPU are all faster and newer in the mini but I'd be much happier spending less and getting a good PC that can do everything I need it to. I can also easily repair and upgrade it with replacement parts that are easily affordable.

Screen Shot 15.jpg

Last edited:
Guys I think I fried the 6300 this morning! I wanted to share my files with you guys. Sorry I missed a few posts. The 6300 no boot screen at all and the fan fan goes to extreme high speed. But still no video. Trying to get my hands on a cheap power supply. I have the sff model.

Cheers :(

I have Dell OPTIPLEX 7010 SFF. HD 2500. SCREEN IN BLACK MOJAVE. HELP.

It should probably work with some DSDT.aml edits. Try adding hd 2500 to the DSDT instead of HD 4000, just a thought :0
Leave me your dsdt.aml that I experience with my computer.

@luqui13, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

My updated profile

I'm trying to get a Dell 7010 with i5-3570 HD2500 to work with Mojave and have been intensively reading all information in this thread and others

But regardless of what I do, I cannot boot to Mojave - black screen.

While I was changing the display settings in bios since I added a Radeon HD5450, I mistakenly rebooted to High Sierra with the monitor plugged into DP with the HD2500, and it booted in HS, 1536MB available. But the video is choppy, like out of V-Sync, with artefacts on windows and shadows
I used the config.plist provided by @SonicMac66 and @Sniki ressources

I though that it was only compatible with Mojave, not High Sierra ...

It's unfortunate that not too many ressources are available for that GPU.

It's unfortunate that not too many resources are available for that GPU.
The best compatible graphics for your Dell is the 4GB version of the RX560 AMD, Polaris. It works OOB. Just avoid the XFX brand of 560. Also make sure to get the Low Profile version if you don't have the MT version of the 7010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back