Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would like to know what doesn't work so far, besides vidéo HW acceleration (and now, audio). Among other things for example:

- Do Thunderbolt 3 ports work?
- Does the front SD card reader work? If not (incompatible PCIe version), is it removable? i.e. to be replaced by another internal card plugged on one of the USB headers on the motherboard.
- Do put to sleep and awake from sleep work? And without sluggishness?

About wireless features. The Hades Canyon has an Intel Wireless-AC 8265 card that supports 802.11ax 2x2 MU-MIMO (802.11ac 2nd gen) and Bluetooth v4.2. It is my understanding such card is removable and put in an M.2 slot. Due to the fact it is advertised as "2x2" I suspect there are only two antennas, reaching max speed of 867 Mbps. I assume the intel card is not recognized by macOS (as always with Intel wireless chips).

If all these wireless hypotheses are true, does a Broadcom card BCM94360CS2 + M.2 (NGFF) to mini PCIe adapter fit in there (enough space and antenna cable length), and does it work? And finally, if all previous ifs are ok, do Continuity features (Handoff, iMessage, camera, etc.) work?
Thunderbolt just don’t work. As for wireless, it got 2 antennas embedded in the device, and I replaced with DW1830, which requires 3 antennas. Works fine with an extra antenna shipped within. It is seemed attach only 2 antennas will work just fine. After some patches, Bluetooth and wireless works fine, continuity works, airdrop works. I don’t think the original wireless M2 ngff fits any adapters with apple airport, so I got the dw1830.

Microsoft Office, if you have problems, you can try to install Microsoft Office Standard 2016 15.25 lic (64-bit). It is normal to find the font display. It is a surprise.

@mostlypcmac hi How did you do it, see if your texture is perfect, can you share your clover thanks

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to run Mojave on an external SSD that is connected via USB 3. It works with 10.14. But, when I try to update to 10.14.3, it won't boot. I think it is a problem with the USB port limitation. Can anybody help? Has anybody a custom SSDT for the Hades cCanyon for example? Thanks a lot.

Hi everybody,

im trying to run Mojave on an external ssd that is connected via USB 3. It works with 10.14 but when i try to update to 10.14.3 it won't boot. I think it is a problem with the USB port limitation. Can anybody help? Has anybody a custom SSDT for the hades canyon for example? Thanks alot.
better results from installing to internal hard drive

I have same NUC8i7HVK.

2 x nvme
2 x 16gb ram.

make unibeast (64GB, 3.0, GUID) Mojave installer (10.14, 10.14.3 tried)
installer boot ok. and success install to ssd.
but after reboot and boot to usb, select ssd.
the 15 mintues remain and crash! reboot loop.

I use clover.zip from betterclever.

what is wrong? plz help us.

Last edited:
I have same NUC8i7HVK.

2 x nvme
2 x 16gb ram.

make unibeast (64GB, 3.0, GUID) Mojave installer (10.14, 10.14.3 tried)
installer boot ok. and success install to ssd.
but after reboot and boot to usb, select ssd.
the 15 mintues remain and crash! reboot loop.

I use clover.zip from betterclever.

what is wrong? plz help us.
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Just finished Mojave installation in my NUC8i7HVK, mostly following @jumpkick's steps and the mojave installation guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

Here's my current result:

• Full GPU acceleration
  • Network with HoRNDIS works fine
  • No Sound (will update VoodooHDA later)
  • Some graphic glitch here and there
  • Safari is totally not usable (text glitch)
  • HWMonitor works with text glitch
  • Firefox works fine
  • Xcode works fine
  • Unreal Engine works fine
  • Test metal application works fine
  • Subnautica with medium profile plays fine (Will test fortnite later)
  • Trine plays fine
Here's my steps:

1. Prepare Mojave USB drive (8GB) in VMWare (Sierra 10.12.6) with UniBeast 9.0.0 (Mojave downloaded with dosdue's Mojave Patcher); Copy EFI folder from betterclever's EFI folder to USB's EFI folder in EFI partition (might be optional); Make sure there's no MBR partition in USB (UniBeast won't report error, but it's not bootable), Erase USB with GUID partition scheme if that's the case

2. Update Bios to latest version; Disable "Secure Boot"; Disable "IntelIGD"; Disable "VT-d"; Set "Wake on LAN from S4/S5" to "Stay Off"; Enable "Boot USB Devies First"(optional); Make sure RAM is installed in Slot 1 (if there's only one RAM), otherwise Installer will stuck after "Random Seed"

3. Install from USB (Press F10 when booting, select USB to boot)

4. Reboot from USB (press F10 to select boot drive), run Multibeast, add VoodooHDA 2.9.1 driver (Update: Don't do that, the 2.9.1 comes with Multibeast wont work, just download and install the latest 2.9.1SSE), build and install

5. Replace SDD's EFI folder with betterclever's EFI folder (Use EFI Mounter v3 for easy EFI mounting); Reboot with USB unpluged, done!

6. (Optional) Download and install RehabMan's FakeSMC+HWMonitor release for CPU/GPU/SSD temperature monitoring
------Update 1-------
  • Unigine Valley Result: Score 1462 with Extreme HD preset (About same result as GTX1050)
  • Fornite plays fine (not sure about the fps)
  • Still no sound after update VoodooHDA to latest version
  • GFXBench Metal wont run (reported "Virtualized or custom OS.")
  • Splashtop XDisplay with iPad connected via USB works for 1 or 2 minutes then lost connection
------Update 2-------
  • Fornite plays at 45~60fps in "High" setting; 30~45fps in "Epic" setting
  • Somehow sound working now after multiple rebooting (not sure what happened)
  • If "Disable 2D Acceleration" with Quartz Debug, some graphic glitch goes away
View attachment 380224
Before: View attachment 380225
After: View attachment 380226

------Update 3-------

• Geekbench CPU Score 4757(single core), 15144(multi core), 94176(OpenCL)
View attachment 380926
View attachment 380927

View attachment 380928

------Update 4-------

• Can confirm the garble text rendering is metal issue
View attachment 381350
Unity in Metal mode

View attachment 381351
Unity in OpenGL mode

------Update 5-------
  • Upgrade to 10.14.3 successfully

Hi , can you please post your config .

Thank

Last edited:
Just finished Mojave installation in my NUC8i7HVK, mostly following @jumpkick's steps and the mojave installation guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

Here's my current result:

• Full GPU acceleration
  • Network with HoRNDIS works fine
  • No Sound (will update VoodooHDA later)
  • Some graphic glitch here and there
  • Safari is totally not usable (text glitch)
  • HWMonitor works with text glitch
  • Firefox works fine
  • Xcode works fine
  • Unreal Engine works fine
  • Test metal application works fine
  • Subnautica with medium profile plays fine (Will test fortnite later)
  • Trine plays fine
Here's my steps:

1. Prepare Mojave USB drive (8GB) in VMWare (Sierra 10.12.6) with UniBeast 9.0.0 (Mojave downloaded with dosdue's Mojave Patcher); Copy EFI folder from betterclever's EFI folder to USB's EFI folder in EFI partition (might be optional); Make sure there's no MBR partition in USB (UniBeast won't report error, but it's not bootable), Erase USB with GUID partition scheme if that's the case

2. Update Bios to latest version; Disable "Secure Boot"; Disable "IntelIGD"; Disable "VT-d"; Set "Wake on LAN from S4/S5" to "Stay Off"; Enable "Boot USB Devies First"(optional); Make sure RAM is installed in Slot 1 (if there's only one RAM), otherwise Installer will stuck after "Random Seed"

3. Install from USB (Press F10 when booting, select USB to boot)

4. Reboot from USB (press F10 to select boot drive), run Multibeast, add VoodooHDA 2.9.1 driver (Update: Don't do that, the 2.9.1 comes with Multibeast wont work, just download and install the latest 2.9.1SSE), build and install

5. Replace SDD's EFI folder with betterclever's EFI folder (Use EFI Mounter v3 for easy EFI mounting); Reboot with USB unpluged, done!

6. (Optional) Download and install RehabMan's FakeSMC+HWMonitor release for CPU/GPU/SSD temperature monitoring
------Update 1-------
  • Unigine Valley Result: Score 1462 with Extreme HD preset (About same result as GTX1050)
  • Fornite plays fine (not sure about the fps)
  • Still no sound after update VoodooHDA to latest version
  • GFXBench Metal wont run (reported "Virtualized or custom OS.")
  • Splashtop XDisplay with iPad connected via USB works for 1 or 2 minutes then lost connection
------Update 2-------
  • Fornite plays at 45~60fps in "High" setting; 30~45fps in "Epic" setting
  • Somehow sound working now after multiple rebooting (not sure what happened)
  • If "Disable 2D Acceleration" with Quartz Debug, some graphic glitch goes away
View attachment 380224
Before: View attachment 380225
After: View attachment 380226

------Update 3-------

• Geekbench CPU Score 4757(single core), 15144(multi core), 94176(OpenCL)
View attachment 380926
View attachment 380927

View attachment 380928

------Update 4-------

• Can confirm the garble text rendering is metal issue
View attachment 381350
Unity in Metal mode

View attachment 381351
Unity in OpenGL mode

------Update 5-------
  • Upgrade to 10.14.3 successfully

Hi , can you please post your config.

Thank
@mostlypcmac use @betterclever's clover.zip.

But, i don't success follow steps.
i mean to ask his final config not the clover

ok. finally i got set up finished.

same state @mostlypcmac.

we wait ACL700 and Vega M support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back