Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with the METAL issue? I can try whatever if somebody has any suggestion on how to fix it?

Can work, Bluetooth, usb, this is my nuc8i7, there is mosaic.
How can I reduce the size of my monitor? Do I need monitor support?

Last edited:
Great work guys, I'm happy I found this thread.

Now I have Mac, Windows and Linux running in triple boot on NUC8i7HNK flawlessly.

I was able to make it work. Same state @mostlypcmac and @kowbot. I also have FileVault2 working flawlessly. It is almost a perfect system for me except the weird text glitch on Safari, iTerm2, Mail and some other apps.

Here is my clover folder.
fix iTerm2 with text using ligatures

@betterclever I used your config.plist, why my Graphics is 480 instead of polaris? Another problem is that all the characters are mosaic Microsoft office (2016 or 2019),did you have the same problem?

Thanks a lot.View attachment 366917
I met the same situation as you. Did you solve it later? I can't display it in the status bar after the resolution is reduced. Have you encountered this problem?Is it related to the figure 480 rather than the Polaris?

Attachments

• {510E24E5-C7CD-CB01-90A1-CE02F03EA321}.jpg
    {510E24E5-C7CD-CB01-90A1-CE02F03EA321}.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 223
I met the same situation as you. Did you solve it later? I can't display it in the status bar after the resolution is reduced. Have you encountered this problem?Is it related to the figure 480 rather than the Polaris?

Now there're 2 ways of proofing the Graphics card, one is from RehabMan originally in
by sproofing it into RX480.

And the other way is by injecting ssdt, which appears as Polaris xxxx.

Our Vega M Gx is actually a polaris 22 architecture, so RX480 is the only and there's no other ways to do that. and these 2 ways are actually the same.

I'm using the first method, and facing the same problem. guess that's not gonna solve for now.

Now there're 2 ways of proofing the Graphics card, one is from RehabMan originally in

by sproofing it into RX480.

And the other way is by injecting ssdt, which appears as Polaris xxxx.

Our Vega M Gx is actually a polaris 22 architecture, so RX480 is the only and there's no other ways to do that. and these 2 ways are actually the same.

I'm using the first method, and facing the same problem. guess that's not gonna solve for now.
How to make him rx480? Is it in RehabMan's way? I don't know what's wrong. I didn't succeed!

How to make him rx480? Is it in RehabMan's way? I don't know what's wrong. I didn't succeed!
It’s rehabman’s way. Just delete any SSDT For the Polaris method and do the Properties change from Rehabman’s way.

Perhaps you guys would like to know that I have my hades canyon (8809G) successfully boot with TB3 eGPU (Aorus Gaming box, 1070 been replaced by a R9 Nano). The trick is that you need to get the TB3 security setting from its default to the first option- sth like a legacy mode(FYI, I have my bios downgraded to the 40 verision as the current 56 version didn't allow me to SLEEP under win10, although I am running Mojave alone now). Then you can use the eGPU to run everything now.

The egpu performence is about right, nothing particular to say. No longer has mosaic, of course. Note that the internal vega M is still working with all its already-mentioned problems. I hook the 4k mon to R9 nano only. Since the TB boot is not checked in BIOS, I can't see the boot screen until the login in screen of Mojave. You probably need to use hdmi monitor direct to the nuc before everything is settled.

One thing that I find annoying is that the hibernate mode can only be set to 25, which basically put you nuc with egpu down everytime it goes to sleep, and it takes a basically a full boot time when you wake them up. The reason is the default mode of 0 or 3, both of which put the sleep into RAM, won't work as whenever you can try to sleep under these two mode, after the SKULL LED turned off (I set the giant LED SKULL off in the SLEEP mode, and only the power button LED blinks) for like 2 secs, it suddently gets turn on again, like someone trying to wake up the system. The sad story is that, screent is still drak, and the system will reboot after like 20 seconds.

I guess it's the result of a not perfect power management. Boot from RAM is not working with my current EFI setting.(I use the original one from @Sammy1881, I made some minor modifications to use dw1560 wifi/BT and the ethernet port 2 is banned in my BIOS as no lucky of using them from previous post) I set the things like power nap/wake from network to off (uncheck them) in the power management in Mojave and the sudo pmset -g can recoginize these settings.

Possible reason is the eGPU together with a hackintosh, it seems the perfect hibernation with eGPU as well as nuc type mini pc requires extra care and efforts.

besides, the typec port at the front can only recoginze the 3.1 gen2 external ssd closure at a 3.1 gen1 speed (5Gb/s). Hope any one can tell me if this is a common prolem of hackintosh or not.

Hope you guys can give me some advices.

Hint for eGPU user: if, for any reason like you accidently insert another TB3/usb3.1 gen2 typec device into the adjacent tb3 port next to the one with eGPU at the rear, your eGPU won't work properly under Mojave, just try to restore the orginal TB3 security setting to its default and reboot, and then reboot into bios, set the security setting to legacy mode, and then, bingo, the eGPU should work again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back