Contribute
Register

Intel DP55WG Installs

Status
Not open for further replies.
sound for this mother board and the user port/firewire stuff?

I have a perfectly working audio and firewire port
Had problems initially but solved it, check my posts..

For sound use voodoo hda kexts

Whenever there is no sound or any device kexts not working
it may be due to a faulty installation procedure.

Only thing Am unable to do is, changing the About Mac details
custom symbios.plist isnt enabled.
I dont know why?

Tony any suggestions?

xinsanityx said:
Here's my Current Specs:

Intel i7-860 Processor
Intel® Desktop Board DP55WG.
WesternDigital 320Gig HDD for installing Macosx onto
ati 4890
8 gigs of trident DDR3 - F3-12800CL8D-2GBTD / F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD
linksys wmp300n pci adapter

I haven't tried the intell .iso yet because I see to boot cd's one for the 4890 and one for the intel... how do I combine those 2? or do i just have to add a 4890 kext? I'm really new to understanding this and so far this forum has been my shining heaven for a chance to getting it working. P.s has anyone figured out the sound for this mother board and the user port/firewire stuff?

Use this boot CD- Public/tonymacx86-BootCD-ATI.iso.zip

Looks like I have not very common problem with my DP55WG, as it wasn't mentioned here.
My config is:
MB: DP55WG, BIOS version is 4507 (latest available).
CPU: Intel Core i5 750
RAM: Kingston 2 x 2GB DDR3
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 275
HDD: WD Raptor 73GB SATA
DVD: Pioneer DVR-212D SATA

I configured BIOS settings as recommended and I'm using SATA DVD-ROM:
1.JPG
2.JPG

But when I'm trying to boot from tonymacx86 BootCD I got this error:
4.JPG

I tried every BootCD version there was and switched just about every BIOS settings related to this with no luck. Only difference was when I used IDE mode for SATA, this way I just got instant reboot after starting of booting sequence, and that's obviously not what I wanted. :)
Can somebody give me a hint just what went wrong here?
Thanks in advance!

PS. Sorry for my crappy english. :oops:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 190
Turns out, it was problem with OS X disk, everything goes fine after I cloned disk to new blank DVD-R media and tried to install from it. Very strange.
Sorry for bothering you. :oops:

Hey everyone! New to this forum. And I been searching for days now and for some reason I cannot get this install to work. It freezes after I execute the OS X disc using the Tonybootx85-p55. I've tried multiple tutorials and I've tried other boot files as well because I read about having a GTX-2xx series Graphics card you might need to use another one. If anyone can please tell me what's going on here, I'd really appreciate it.
My Specs:
Mobo- Intel DP55WG
CPU- Intel i7-860
RAM- G. Skill 6gb (3x2gb) 240 pin ddr3
Graphics- Nvidia GTX-275
HDD- Samsung 1tb 7200

CIMG0015[1].jpg

CIMG0021[1].jpg

Attachments

• CIMG0015[1].jpg
    CIMG0015[1].jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 171
  • CIMG0021[1].jpg
    CIMG0021[1].jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 160
Followed another guide of yours to take out RAM until 4GB is left and take out any other PCI cards besides GPU because it might not be compatible and to leave no other peripherals connected...no avail. Stops at the same spot all the time. :( Help please?

yugemonz said:
Followed another guide of yours to take out RAM until 4GB is left and take out any other PCI cards besides GPU because it might not be compatible and to leave no other peripherals connected...no avail. Stops at the same spot all the time. :( Help please?

Try the newest iBoot- it should work for all nVidias. Your pictures show the old PC-EFI 10.5 bootscreen, that comes from the old tonymacx86-P55BootCD.

Here's a link to the new nVidia iBoot: Public/tonymacx86-iBoot.iso.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back