GeForce 9800GTX+
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have an intel DP35DP motherboard in my hackintosh and I have successfully ran 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 through the years.
For some reason, on 10.8 (mountain lion) the audio is broken. In 10.7.5 I use VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.0 + SSE2 checked in the system preferences (that comes with VoodooHDA) and the audio works without any problems.

I tried it in mountain lion but the audio keeps breaking. I tried the latest voodoo builds as well but to no avail. I installed the OS using tonymac's installation guide with the latest versions of chimera, multibeast etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

My complete specs:
Intel Quad Q6600 cpu
Intel DP35DP motherboard (onboard audio + lan)
GeForce 9800GTX+ 512mb
8GB DDR2
WD 320GB HD

I have an intel DP35DP motherboard in my hackintosh and I have successfully ran 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7 through the years.
For some reason, on 10.8 (mountain lion) the audio is broken. In 10.7.5 I use VoodooHDA.kext 2.7.0 + SSE2 checked in the system preferences (that comes with VoodooHDA) and the audio works without any problems.

I tried it in mountain lion but the audio keeps breaking. I tried the latest voodoo builds as well but to no avail. I installed the OS using tonymac's installation guide with the latest versions of chimera, multibeast etc.
With a SigmaTel audio codec, your only MultiBeast choice is Voodoo. Otherwise search for SigmaTel STAC9271D edited ML_AppleHDA.kext.

I've finally got sound working but it's crackling. Enabling SSE2 doesn't help either.
Any ideas?

Hey Nano,
I've successfully installed 10.8.3. Can boot using external USB Drive. As I install multibeast, I get a multitude if errors.
Care to share some of your joy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back