Contribute
Register

Intel DG33TL + GT240 Hackintosh Setup Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copy the dsdt.aml file to your /extra folder.
In MB, select Intel1000 (something like that) under Networking options.
(the version of MB I used in this installation is older, there's a newer MB version out now)

Hi Judah:

Wow...congrats on getting Snow Lion to work. By the way, could you tell me what you did to get your network card to work (on MultiBeast). I used the .dsdt file that powerpcg5 gave me. It works but I don't think it's the correct file as my internet cuts out while using it (I get the spinning wheel and bascially it locks up Safari).

Also, let me when you get your audio up and running and how you did it.

What video card are you running? Thanks again.

Acecool2000

This is my third hackintosh build and even after reading everything you guys have on here, i cannot get this to work for the life of me.

Once I do a vanilla install of snow leopard 10.6.3, running combo update 10.6.7 and multibeast makes it kernel panic every time even if i run it with -x and -v.

Can someone tell me their specific bios settings? Below is what I have mine set at, along with my specific hardware.

BIOS SETTINGS
- Configure Sata as AHCI
- usb legacy <on>
- HPET enabled
- S1 state

Those are some key components I gathered from this thread, is there anything else im missing?

Here is my hardware...
Intel DG33TL
Sata0 - 160 GB HDD
Sata1 - Lite on iHas224 DVD Drive
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 ghz
Graphics - Geforce GT240 (as per the powerpcg5)

Also, I have no access at all to a PC, so is there still a way I can update the BIOS on my mother board? I bought it brand new in 2007 through the intel retail edge program and i know it needs updating but I cant figure out how.

Sorry to sound like such a noob, I do have 3 other hackintosh's under my belt this one is just driving me up a wall!

My mobo is also back from 2007. You need to upgrade your bios. Thats my step 1.

Just got over my first hutrle, upgrading the bios. tried using iflash with a bootable usb drive...got an error every time. burned 3 cd-r's of the iso upgrade because it kept saying it could not read the drive once the installation got started. bought a new sata dvd drive, that had the same problem. dug out my old EIDE (PATA) dvd drive, and it finally worked.

I currently have a stable vanilla install of 10.6.3. Is my first move to install the 10.6.8 combo update, or run multibeast?

Your 1st move should be make a superduper clone backup.

thank you so much guys! I ran multibeast and it booted right into snow leopard no problem. i will update tomorrow with CCC and run the 10.6.8 combo update.

so i installed 10.6.8. no problems booting up into multibeast, all my software runs correctly. To be honest I dont have this machine online, nor do i use the audio card so im not sure if it works but im going to try to get it full functional and get it to my brother. Ill update again once I get it rolling. thanks again guys

just use hnak's intel driver.
For audio, you can buy an $8 USB plugin interface. Works OOB.

here is a question. i had on-board audio recognized and working with 10.5 before i started to dive into making this a snow leopard machine. i still have all the kexts i used, would my audio kext work in SL too? What program should i use to install the kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back