1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel DG33TL + GT240 Hackintosh Setup Guide

Hardware Specs:
Intel DG33TL Motherboard
Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz
2GB RAM Crucial Ballistix (another 2GB is on the way!... my other 2GB was bad according to memtest+)
500GB SATA for Hackintosh HD
500GB SATA for Hackintosh Clone drive (BACKUP!)
USB Mouse
USB Apple Keyboard
Sony Optiarc DVD SATA
EVGA Nvidia GT240 512MB

Some notes/things to remember during installation.

Latest BIOS for DG33TL available at Intel website. upgrade BIOS.

Note: You will find other instructions on the Internet/Google about installing OSX on your DG33TL mobo. I tried that first... it didn't work. Can't get nowhere with it.

Tonymacx86 Installation using iBoot/Multibeast is the ticket! Download latest versions.

FIRST, FORGET trying to get the on-board video of DG33TL mobo to work. Just buy a cheap PCI-Express video card and a SATA DVD drive.

After booting iBoot, and inserting the SL DVD, you must press F5 first before continuing... otherwise, it's KP.

After vanilla installation of 10.6.3 SL, On-board audio works, volume works, mute works, eject button, 1000Mbit Networking, USB ALREADY works Out of the box!

But OSX reports "No Built in Audio" even though audio works perfectly.

Computer is automatically identified as a MacPro 3,1

My Geforce GT240 is also correctly identified.
QE/CI works. Dashboard works, DVD Player, Chess, Front Row, Screen Saver works.

** possible issues: Booting an external USB drive didn't work. I tried (2) different USB hard drive enclosures. Must be an issue with the DG33TL mobo. I'll try to dig into this in the coming days.

10.6.7 Combo update went without problems.

Make sure HPET in BIOS is set to enable... otherwise, you'll get an error "No HPETS available... CPU configured incorrectly.. IntelCPUPowerManagement"

After install of 10.6.7 Combo update,
Audio stopped working (including volume controls)
Ethernet/Networking stopped working
SATA unknown

Run Multibeast with the following options:
- Rebuild
- Repair
- FakeSMC
- FakeSMC Plugins
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
- NullCPUPowerManagement
- hmak AppleIntel1000
- Chimera 1.4.1 r877
- 32 bit Apple boot
- tonymacx86 remix
- OSX96 software

NOTE: As you can see, I did not install any Display kexts. Why mess with something that OSX SL Vanilla already configured for me correctly :)

NOTE2: You don't need any other .kext from any other website. Everything is in Multibeast to get this working. --- assumption: You're using an EVGA Geforce GT240 video card.

Reboot.

Your Hackintosh should now be booting without the need for iBoot CD. Yay!

** issues: Computer can go to sleep. It just won't wake up... so it's more like a COMA. Will try to research this problem.

** Note: You may get slow DVD/Hard drive access, may cause problems unmounting drives, couldn't import a CD, or play a DVD...
The FIX for the above issue is to DELETE AppleHPET.kext
After deleting AppleHPET.kext, reboot.
Then everything will be blazing fast... DVD, Hard drive, etc... works! :headbang:

You can install all the latest Apple software updates. No problem. All security updates, safari update, etc...

MINOR ISSUES:
- After installing Multibeast, the previous AHCI9R SATA label became an "unknown" in "About this Mac". But don't fret... SATA still works just fine.
- Your internal SATA hard drives show as "external" hard drives... thus, you can unmount them if you want to. I don't know if you consider this good or bad thing. :)
- OSX reports no Audio Card installed. But on-board audio works! including volume controls, mute, etc...
- System sleep works... - it's the waking up that is the problem. Note: Display sleep and wake up works fine though.

TIP: Setup a 2nd internal hard drive in your computer. If your main hard drive is 500GB, install a 2nd 500GB hard drive. Name this "Hackintosh Clone" and using SuperDuper software, clone your main hard drive to your clone drive. -- then if something screwed up your installation, you can boot off the Hackintosh Clone drive, clone it back to your main hard drive and you're back in business in a few minutes! Press [spacebar] in Chimera and select the hard drive you want to boot... in this case, your original Hackintosh HD, or your Hackintosh Clone HD.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert and this is my 1st Hackintosh install attempt. Thanks to tonymac's guide, macman, notshy, etc... I read a lot about other people's issues and solutions to get an idea of what I'm doing. So a big THANK YOU to all these people!

Also, this seems to be the first Intel DG33TL motherboard guide on tonymac board. -- Hope you find this useful. I'm just trying to contribute back to the community that helped me get off the ground :) If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them... but just so you know, you're asking a 1-month old member new to hackintosh, so I don't have an answer for everything.

rock on!

PS: This is just my "practice install". I'm still gathering parts for my X58/i7 build. Now, I'm more confident buying an expensive i7-970 chip for my future 2nd Hackintosh machine.

Attachments

• HackintoshDG33TL-GT240.tiff
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,072
UPDATE:

The above procedure works, but leaves an "Unknown SATA controller" in your system profile, and all the USB ports are recognized as External. I also removed the other kexts that are not needed (I think...)

This fixes the above 2 issues.

1. Install DSDT for DG33TL ---- I got this from another website.
dsdt.aml
2. /Extra/Extensions should have the following files only:
FakeSMC.kext ---- required by OSX
IntelCPUMonitor.kext ---- gives you access to CPU temperature sensors
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext ---- without this, you'll KP.
3. Copy to /System/Library/Extensions the following files:
VoodooHDA.kext ----- enables sound, volume, mute controls
Intel82566.kext ----- gigabit networkwing

Run Kext Utility OR Multibeast checking Repair/Build cache.
Reboot.

Now, USB hubs are recognized as Built-in and the SATA controller is also named.
That's all.

Still learning and loving my Hackintosh .... :)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    16.1 KB · Views: 379
Thank you I just bought this mobo to build a hackintosh for my sister and send it overseas :D

Cool. I hope it works for you as well.

BTW, upgrading this from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 proceeded without any problems. After finished running the Combo Update, Reboot, and you're done. As if nothing happened. But System Profiler reports 10.6.8 :)

powerpcg5 said:
Cool. I hope it works for you as well.

BTW, upgrading this from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 proceeded without any problems. After finished running the Combo Update, Reboot, and you're done. As if nothing happened. But System Profiler reports 10.6.8 :)

Thanks I'll try to report back after I'm done with her build :mrgreen:

I have the same board, and I think processor. Would I be able to get this to work if I purchased OS X Snow Leopard from Apple. Will I then be able to load OS X Lion? I just didn't want to burn $30 if it doesn't work.

I am very comfortable work with computers. I have over 10 years of experience. Just not so much in the Apple field. Can I Hackintosh it up???

System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: DG33TL
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

n4p5ta said:
I have the same board, and I think processor. Would I be able to get this to work if I purchased OS X Snow Leopard from Apple. Will I then be able to load OS X Lion? I just didn't want to burn $30 if it doesn't work.

I am very comfortable work with computers. I have over 10 years of experience. Just not so much in the Apple field. Can I Hackintosh it up???

System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: DG33TL
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Snow Leopard works. I'm using it, and slowly migrating my work environment to it.
Does OSX Lion work?... I don't know. It's not yet released. How can I answer that?

Can you Hackintosh it? See below: :mrgreen:

Attachments

• mydesktop.jpg
    mydesktop.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 2,069
Intel DG33TL + GT240 Hackintosh Setup Guide - First Road Blo

Okay so I just got my media in. I was curious to what you had set your bios settings to. Right now after I boot to my iBoot disc I am getting

Please contact someone with a photo of the information printed below, along with a description of your system configuration and what you were doing at the time that the kernal panic occurredd. We apologize for the inconvenience.

"Kernal Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563ebd): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504,15,2/iokit/Kernal/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387"

Then the debugger notes..

Then BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unkown

Mac OS version:
Not yet set

Kernal version:
Darwin Kernal Version 10.8.0: Thu May

Then there is a box say "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

Which is in multiple languages...

Any ideas?!

My iHack is in the middle of doing some backups right now, when I get the chance I'll look it up in my BIOS.

What info do you want to know?

Make sure your BIOS is set to AHCI.
Also make sure you're using a SATA DVD drive.
I tried an IDE DVD first and I got an error immediately in iBoot. Kernel Panic.

Also... when you put in the SL DVD, don't forget to press F5.... DONT FORGET - PRESS F5.
Don't just insert the SL DVD and press enter... you'll get a Kernel Panic also.
Press F5, wait a few seconds, then press ENTER.

I put in my iBoot Disk then hit enter and that's when I get the error.

I have a SATA DVD Burner that its booting to. So do I hit F5 with the Snow Leopard Disc in? I thought the iBoot Disk prepares the harddrive or something. Do I get that screen then put the SL Disc in and then hit iBoot?

In other words, when do I put the SL disc in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back