Intel 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I recently dual booted my Samsung Series 9 with windows 7 and snow leopard and I was wondering how to get wifi on it. I have the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235 wireless chip but I cant find the mac driver for it. Is there any way to find the driver or kext or even to find an alternative way to get wifi on mac hackintosh?

Has anyone been working on this? I just made myself a hackintosh from my samsung series 9, and it too has the intel 6235 card. Seems pretty generic now on most laptops. I think a laptop is pretty much a brick without it...

I have thought about just getting a mini wifi adapter tho. Anyone done this?

Has anyone been working on this? I just made myself a hackintosh from my samsung series 9, and it too has the intel 6235 card. Seems pretty generic now on most laptops. I think a laptop is pretty much a brick without it...

I have thought about just getting a mini wifi adapter tho. Anyone done this?

It won't work. OS X doesn't support any Intel WiFi. You will need to look at replacing the card with a compatible card. See this post for a list: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/97099-wi-fi-bluetooth-cards-laptops-mac-os-os-x.html

Some BIOSes implement a white-list where only certain cards are accepted. You will have to find one that works both with OS X and your BIOS. Or find a modified BIOS to work around/disable the whitelist.

what are the chances of ever using an external wifi adapter? They have small ones that I would be willing to use, I have full warranty on my samsung now, so to change the card out is kinda out of the question...

what are the chances of ever using an external wifi adapter? They have small ones that I would be willing to use, I have full warranty on my samsung now, so to change the card out is kinda out of the question...

That's another possibility. You'll have to find one with OS X drivers, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back