Contribute
Register

Integrated and Discrete Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I had this stable for a few days in Mavericks but now the integrated display has glyphs and becomes inactive once I enter my password in the log-in screen. My other 2 displays are fine.

With a clean install:
Mavericks 10.9.4 / Gigabyte Z68-XP-UD4 BIOS F3 / i7-2600k / Intel HD3000 + Radeon HD6870 GV-R687OC-1GD
GraphicsEnabler=No, IGPEnabler=Yes, IGPlatformID=03001000, HDAEnabler= Yes
SysDef: iMac 12,1

Attached is my IOREG, dsdt and plist.

Attachments

• James’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 145
  • DSDT.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 151
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    973 bytes · Views: 214
BUMP... any ideas? i have no clue why it would switch from the integrated display off when I reach the log-in screen...

So, I had this stable for a few days in Mavericks but now the integrated display has glyphs and becomes inactive once I enter my password in the log-in screen.
Never works with an incorrect configuration. HD3000 does not use IGPlatformID. See Post #1, reply with the correct setting.

Even without IGPlatformID it switches off the integrated display at AppleScreen and switches to the two discrete displays on only. I can turn it back on with PCIRootUID=0 but then QE/CI doesn't work on the integrated display. Is there somewhere I can message you to help me troubleshoot this issue? I've had it working a few times only to have it eventually break again...

Even without IGPlatformID it switches off the integrated display
Do not ignore a specific request.
To be clear, I don't believe a word of your reply. Without an IOReg that shows you fixed an obvious problem, there is nothing to comment on.

The IGPlatformID was only set in my boot.plist. Here is the updated IOReg as requested.

Attachments

• James’s Mac Pro2.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 148
Mavericks: HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 and AMD or Nvidia,
Working Together with AirPlay Mirroring

Experimental, make a bootable backup before attempting.

Fully enabled integrated and discrete graphics systems in Mavericks and Mountain Lion. Support of HD3000/HD4000/HD4600+ integrated graphics with AMD HD 5xxx/HD 6xxx/HD 7xxx/R7/R9 or Nvidia GT/S/X 4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx discrete graphics. Feel free to customize this solution to your requirements.

Hi!

Toleda, you helped me with my Z97X board and the HD4600 graphics.
I am here again because my son can not live without the PvZ: Garden Warfare and the HD4600 isn't enough to run that. :) So I am trying to survive and put in a dedicated card.
GB Z97X Gaming 7, i7 and GeForce GTX 750Ti.
Fresh install, blank HDD, only 1 RAM-module, LAN disabled, audio disabled. Integrated graphics enabled or disabled (boot screen on the appropriate connector), result is the same: -----> kernel panic. :crazy:
I can not come through installer boot process.
Is there something special with the 750Ti / Z97X combo? Can I do something or this is a dead horse?

Thanx,

pnimrod

Is there something special with the 750Ti / Z97X combo? Can I do something or this is a dead horse?
Off topic.
No OS X support for 750/Maxwell. Today's MacBookPro announcements implies no support this year.

Hi Toleda, thx for this, helped me a lot.

Got this working on Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi with 3770K and nvidia GTX 650 with Clover bootloader.
In Clover you have to set Injection for Intel, and unset Injection for nVidia.

I am very pleased with the overall responsiveness and performance, i run two displays connected to the MB and a TV connected to the nVidia.

I am wondering though how OS X utilizes the two adapters, in 3D/OpenGL Applications only the Intel gets used. Dedicated GPU Applications like CUDA based mining however work flawlessly on the nVidia GPU as well.

Is there any way to tell an application which Adapter to use? Does it matter, which display is connected to which adapter?

Edit: Figured it out, declared the Display connected to the nVidia the main display in the Alignment Window, now gets used for 3D/OpenGL Apps

Best

Toleda, is it at all possible to do this without igp set as primary? I would prefer to have my boot menu, bios, and boot screen visible when I'm not using my TV (connected to igp). I have it working properly when set as primary. If I set it as secondary, I can see my mouse on the igp display but it has flashing colored lines. It's actually detected properly in ioreg and the hd3000 kext is loaded but system profiler does not see it.

I feel like I'm really close to getting it working. In theory I feel like it should be possible since it works without being set as primary in windows.

Do you have any suggestions? Again everything looks right ioreg, obviously with the exception of AAPL,boot-display (adding it to the dsdt makes no difference) and IOFBNeedsRefresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back