Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving to this thread because we are all trying to setup the same items here.
Did you guys used patched bios and did you use DSDT setups?
I haven't run Multibeast yet in fear of screwing up what I have working.
I have working sound, internet and I can boot with no flags using unibeast to choose the HD.
So almost home, but not entirely.
Lets keep up the good work!

---------------------
So after my Gigabyte board died, I was stuck with a socket 1155 and had to change boards at my store.
There seemed to be success with this Asrock board, but I am having mixed results and need some insight.
I get a clean install with Yosemite, and I can boot with no flags for setup.
I install the required network driver with Kextbeast so I can be online.
I have no run Multibeast yet.
It seems whenever I do, that is where I run into the KP issues or boot issues.
I am using the 2.90 stock bios, however most posts recommend a 'patched' bios for this board.
However the links go to a wordpress website which is gone.
Do I need to patch or downgrade my bios ?
Next, DSDT or not...
I have seen both used, I want the most clean install so which is better, Easybeast or DSDT free or use somebodies DSDT ?
I have a whole SSD of info to move over from my crashed Maverick drive, and I want no settings issues with the new board.
I have read many posts and although I know some of the USB ports won't work, that seems to be the only issue.
So any thoughts who have this board what my next step and settings are ?

Again, intel I7 3770
Asrock Extreme 4 board running 2.90 bios
Nvidia Geoforce 770
Crucial 512 SSD
16 Gigs Vengeance Ram

Thanks in advance-

We are all here to help

You could always make a fresh install, you already have the MultiBeast config that i uploaded... don't forget to backup first.

I guess all I had to do was sleep the computer because after that everything was back to normal haha thanks again for your extremely helpful tips :)

Who needs the ALC898 for Yosemite Patched is here, and is working :D

Use KextBeast and then Go to Sound -> Output -> Internal Speakers

Now i am looking for Ethernet.

EDIT

Just got my Ethernet working using the updated kext

Cheers!

This worked for me! Does anyone know how to enable the pop sound when you change the volume in Yosemite?

I plugged my DVD drive into a different SATA port so it doesn't open every time I boot but when I tried to test a disk using DVD player it said 'Valid DVD Drive could not be found'?

Like other participants in this thread, I have an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 (Z77Extreme) based rig that is currently running 10.9.5 with all hardware functioning. I've already upgraded my other rig (Z87Mav) from 10.9.5 to 10.10.0 (basically no issues), but I have held off on upgrading Z77Extreme. When I installed Mavericks on Z87Mav it went pretty smooth. However, I had a bit harder time getting Mavericks up and running on Z77Extreme.

Has anyone managed to get a Z77 Extreme 4 based system on to Yosemite (either by fresh install or upgrade from Mavericks)? If so, can you summarize the key issues you crossed?

Right now, I'm pretty sure there will be issues with the ALC889 audio and the on-board Ethernet. I've already used MultiBeast 7.0.0 to upgrade to Chimera 4.0. In the process I tried the ALC889 audio in MB 7.0.0 and found that it does not work with 10.9.5 (had to regress back to the ALC889 in MB 6.4.2). I have captured the audio and Ethernet kexts that were posted earlier in this thread just in case I need them. I expect to need the Ethernet kext because when I fresh-installed Mavericks on Z77Extreme it was the biggest problem I crossed.

Thanks to all who contribute to these forums!

Metalcored00d, how are you using your HD7850? Is set as primary and boot from usb or IGPU as primary and boot blindly?

....and did you get your hdmi audio working?

Hey there

I got them working thanks to toleda's thread here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ary-display-airplay-mirroring.html#post721605

Just follow the guide and you'll be golden without patched kexts ;).

By the way, about HDMI audio, I'd check this out:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/112469-mavericks-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

Personally, I haven't tested it, because my monitors don't have built-in HDMI, so I still use an audio jack.

Grtz

I was asking about the Patched ROM, because i have the same motherboard with a I7 3770K.

My bios version is up to date 2.9, but i am not using the intel GPU, i have a dedicated ATI HD7850.

So if anyone could help me with 2 questions:

1) which is better a patched bios, using UserDSDT from multibeast or a custon DSDT for this mobo. (i never understand this)
2) Is this HD7850 compatible with Yosemite ?

About the patched rom, if you send me the factory rom, I can patch it for you. I take no credit for it, @CodeRush did all the work for the PMPatch tool. Anyway, I know it's not the easiest thing to use if you're not used to the commandline etc so I wanna patch your bios rom for you if you want. What the patch does is enable native power management on your hack, so you don't need the "nullcpupowermanagement.kext" anymore.

In my case, I have a patched bios and a DSDT. The DSDT is basically the file that tells OS X exactly what components your pc contains. Only Gigabyte boards can be installed without one, since their hardware is OOTB compatible. Since we work with Asrock, we do need a DSDT.

@Pjalm has done some amazing work concerning DSDT for Asrock. You can find his patches here:
http://maciasl.sourceforge.net/pjalm/repos/asrock/

About not using the Intel GPU, nor do I, because my AMD 7850's work OOTB.

Grtz

7, 8 & 9 Series boards support USB 3.0 natively if they are on the intel Chipset which yours are except for two of the rear ports. They should work fine after you have installed OS X.

What about the Asmedi

7, 8 & 9 Series boards support USB 3.0 natively if they are on the intel Chipset which yours are except for two of the rear ports. They should work fine after you have installed OS X.

The solution for the Asmedia USB 3.0 can be found in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/73451-asrock-z77e-itx-core-i7-3770k-evga-gtx-570hd.html

Basically the mini-ITX mobo Buckeyes uses has a great deal in common with our motherboards. It's also interesting to see the patches he used for his DSDT.

Anyway, he recommends using a generic usb kext:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

In my case this works really well, however, it's imperative to add a bootflag to either clover / chameleon: "For Intel Series 7 chipset only (Panther Point.)
"-gux_defer_usb2" causes the xHC to defer the management of USB2 ports and their devices to one of the EHC controllers on the PCH (south-bridge)."

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

Grtz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back