Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to upgrade to 10.10.1 from the App Store? I also have an update for iTunes but I'm not sure if I should install that either. I just moved all of my stuff from iTunes onto my Hackintosh and everything went smoothly except for my videos — they do not play and I believe the first time I tried to play one it said something about not having the right kind of display? Anyone else have this issue?

Is it safe to upgrade to 10.10.1 from the App Store? I also have an update for iTunes but I'm not sure if I should install that either. I just moved all of my stuff from iTunes onto my Hackintosh and everything went smoothly except for my videos — they do not play and I believe the first time I tried to play one it said something about not having the right kind of display? Anyone else have this issue?

Honestly I never use anything else but VLC Media Player for video files.

Other than that, I installed the upgrade yesterday and all I had to reinstall was audio and network, otherwise all is up and running like a charm :).

Grtz

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 Yosemite.
i5-3570K
HIS HD4850

Initially I got the bluetooth error, tried PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000 boot flag.
Nothing works. Read the forum and find out the IGP cannot be set to 64Mb.
Tried Auto. That didn't work. Added the HD4850 card in.
It installs. Went through everything and got the ethernet to work with the app store.
Had to remove the ethernet card out of the network preference, run EFI Studio to get the hex code.
Insert the hex code into the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and com.apple.Boot.plist.
Delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist from Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder

Reboot the machine. Go back to Network preferences and add ethernet card back in.
Reboot again.

App store works now.
Everything works except for sound.
I installed ALC898 but it doesn't work.

Tried to run unibeast again, but at the boot screen it shows bunch of errors.
Still debugging. Might try to remove the alc898 completely out of the system and reinstall.

We'll see.

Update: Removed the kext, and reinstall ALC898 from unibeast. Everything is working beautiful.
SUCCESS

Hey guys I know it's been awhile but I hope some of you will see this! I am having the worst time connecting to the internet! I'm using the TL-WDN4800 and it's having these issues constantly:

— Very slow to connect to Wi-Fi (if it actually finds the network — it doesn't half the time)
— Very slow loading speeds that usually drop after a few seconds
— Sporadic speeds when actually able to connect to a network
— Drops connection to network constantly

My hackintosh is located right next to my old iMac which connects to the wireless network perfectly so I'm pretty sure it's in a good spot. Any suggestions? I'm getting really frustrated with this

Hey ktlnjcksn, I was wondering if you were able to resolve your wifi issues. I have the same motherboard and having used a Mac for the past 10 years, I'd really prefer installing iOS 10.10 instead of Windows-whatever.

Were you able to work out some of the other kinks? Would you recommend I go through with this?

Thanks!

Hi ktlnjacksn,

Not sure if you can give me a hand or not but here goes. I'm running almost the same setup as you with bios 2.9 patched. I haven't tried to install macos x since mountain lion and right now i get a kernel panic. I've been wanting to try Yosemite but i'm kinda of fed up with the hassle. Do you have a step by step of how you got it to work?

Basically, unibeast, installing macos x and the what? DSDT? what do you check in multibeast to get everything working?

Here's my setup:

I5 3570K
Asrock Z77 extreme 4
16 GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaw
120 GB Samsung 840 Evo
90 GB OCZ Agility 3
Nvidia GTX 970

Thanks in advance!

1st post here at tonymacx86.com and I am wondering if I should Hackintosh my ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 w/ ATI Sapphire HD 7850 & i5-3570K, or just buy new components instead and donate my current system to my college age Son (who needs a new computer, as his is constantly over heating and the AMD APU is a bit under powered for what he wants to do)?

I have built several systems in the past, but this will be my first attempt to build a Hackintosh. The experience of suffering over a year with a Windows8.1 laptop has motivated me to go back to using MacOSX for 90% of my computing needs, and only boot into Windows for a couple of games and my CAD software which I use to draw architectural plans to submit to building departments to obtain permits for new houses & remodeling projects.

A am more of a nuts and bolts kind of guy, so patching BIOS files, using DSDT files or settings and other command line magic makes me a little nervous, unless it is spelled out very carefully and completely in a step-by-step guide for idiots, and assumes that the person following the guide has zero experience and knowledge. Remember Murphy's Law, if something can go wrong, it probably will go wrong (at least for some people trying to follow the guide, and I would be the one to mess it up).

Metalcored00d seems to be having good results using the same video card as I have, and others appear to have working systems using the same motherboard, so I am encouraged that I should be able to use what I already have to run MacOSX Yosemite, but if it would be significantly easier for me to build a new system using parts that are easier to install and use MacOSX Yosemite on, without as much patching and struggling to get everything working, I am willing to buy the new parts (but can't afford a new "Real" Mac on my retirement income).

If anyone is still reading this thread, what would you advise? Hackintosh the ASRock Z77 & ATI HD7850, or buying a new motherboard and starting over?

Here is all the files that worked for me including DSDT and ethernet

enjoy

use kext beast and load both these files to your extensions.
View attachment 111945 View attachment 111946

my DSDT for Asrock Z77 extreame 4 bios 2.90 mod
View attachment 111947

and here is an example of my plist

View attachment 111948

if u can't boot in Yosemite use this "UseKernelCache=No"

thanks yamaazizi, i'm about to build my first Hackintosh ever on an Asrock z77 Extreme4, I'm just not sure when and how to apply the DSDT file you posted, could you share some light?

Regarding bios patching, I've downloaded 2.90 (instant flash) from Asrock and patched with UEFIPatch with the command:
Code:
UEFIPatch.exe Z77EXT42.90
. Is the next step as simple as flashing bios with the patched file????

Thanks in advance

Update: I went ahead and flashed the patched bios, no issues so far, yay!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hello everyone! After you install Clover on Yose working with Chimera. Gota black screen.

2015-10-23 14.39.26.jpg

BIOS not patchy. Tell me, how to do it?
Used Asrock z77 Extreme4 3570k ssd120gb Nvidia GTS 450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back