Contribute
Register

Installing Chimera doesn't do anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have my flashdrive with the installer on it, and I installed it to an empty hard drive (formatted GPT, HFS+(Journaled)) the installation goes fine, and takes about 20 minutes. After the installation, the computer restarts, and again from bios, I choose to boot UEFI:Flashdrive, then from the clover boot, choose to boot from the hard drive. Everything boots up just fine, I go through the setup process, and boom, I have working OS X. Then I open Multibeast, go through a few things, choosing the latest version of Chimera. After the installation, I restart the computer and choose to boot to the disk, but just as before installing Chimera, it loads a black screen acting like its about to boot up, then after a few seconds just returns me to the bios. But going through the flashdrive and clover again works just fine, OS X boots up and runs like a charm. Why is Chimera not working for me? What could the issue be?

I have the same problem with Asus H81M-A motherboard and i5 4570s.

I have the same problem with Asus H81M-A motherboard and i5 4570s.

I've got an ASUS Maximus VI Hero. Other people with motherboards that are almost the exact same as mine (other ASUS Maximus VI series's ) are able to get theirs working just fine... at first I thought it might be that Chimera just wasn't installing right, but I ran a little experiment and plugged the HDD with OS X and Chimera on it into my M18X, and the bootloader came right up. It didnt load the OS because all the settings were wrong, and I'm not sure that it would work on there even if the settings were right, but still, It actually read the disk and tried to boot, which is more than my main rig does.

Has anybody an idea what is the problem with chimera?

The installation of Mavericks was easy and there was no problem.
I booted up the system with the usb key, then start multibeast, select DSDT Free in Quick Start and the drivers what i need. Everything works perfect except booting(i can boot the system with the flash drive).
When i want to boot from ssd, chimera do nothing and it drops me into the UEFI.
I'm new to hackintosh, so if anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much, it solved my problem!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back