Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Can someone guide me about installing 3rd party drivers on a hackintosh...for eg. i have a DJ console's driver to be installed, also a midi controller's.... iam soon moving to hackintosh...

so the basic question is... the drivers for midi controllers, audio interface, external synthesizers etc , can be downloaded straight from the manufacterers website on a hackintosh??.

iam planinng to build a hackintosh system with a xeon e3 proc. what processors and motherboard shall be kept in mind to make sure hackintosh installation is smooth

i have concluded the following config.

intel xeon e3 1276 v3

asrock z87 extreme 6 (LGA1150)

Hi guys,

Can someone guide me about installing 3rd party drivers on a hackintosh...for eg. i have a DJ console's driver to be installed, also a midi controller's.... iam soon moving to hackintosh...

so the basic question is... the drivers for midi controllers, audio interface, external synthesizers etc , can be downloaded straight from the manufacterers website on a hackintosh??.

iam planinng to build a hackintosh system with a xeon e3 proc. what processors and motherboard shall be kept in mind to make sure hackintosh installation is smooth

i have concluded the following config.

intel xeon e3 1276 v3

asrock z87 extreme 6 (LGA1150)

For drivers (kext's, or kernel extensions), there will almost always be an installer that you download. You just run the installer and follow the directions. Drivers are usually installed in the folder /System/Library/Extensions (or S/L/E as you will commonly see it called here).

I'm not sure what the reason is, but Z87 chipset motherboards are not very highly recommended for a hackintosh; you may be better off with the Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 instead, which is listed in the Buyer's Guide and thus has been tested with Mac OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back