Register

Installer requires an apple silicon processor

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
I am using Enscape on my latest build with Monterey. But the latest software update 2.1.0,259 will not install because
it says it requires an M1 processor or later. I seriously doubt this because the version 2.01.72 that I am using is
working fine. The update has extra features, so I want to update. Does anybody have a way to get around this?
We will run into this problem more often very soon I guess...

I hope somebody can point me in the right direction...

I am using Enscape on my latest build with Monterey. But the latest software update 2.1.0,259 will not install because
it says it requires an M1 processor or later. I seriously doubt this because the version 2.01.72 that I am using is
working fine. The update has extra features, so I want to update. Does anybody have a way to get around this?

Hello.

Well a quick check with the Enscape macOS software System Requirements confirms that the latest version only runs on Apple Silicon and no-longer on Intel CPUs:

So worth noting.

:)

That is probably a sign of things to come!

Sonoma may be the last Intel release for macOS.

I don't think so, just a private company cutting costs

Sonoma may be the last Intel release for macOS.
Methinks macOS 15 next year will be the last OS with Intel support.

Wel the strange thing is that I’ve got version 2.01.72 running. And Chaos says they don’t support intel from version 2.0.0 and up!
I doubt that they have rewritten the render engine in a month. And it originally was developed for windows/intel…

I have seen mention of Enscape 2.0.1 for Mac so I think you probably have 2.0.1.72 running (missing a dot?), and the latest update 2.1.0.259 is newer.

As already pointed out you can no longer update Enscape on MacOS as you don't have an Apple Silicon Mac. If you really need to use the latest Enscape you need to budget for an Apple Silicon Mac (or run Windows and use the Windows version).

Back