Contribute
Register

Installed wrong Network driver HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i'm new to this. The /extra folder ? I'm already able to get online. I haven't run multibeast again since reinstalling mavericks. Should i still select both the other drivers?. Where can i find what drivers i should choose?

No problem. I thought you aren't able to get online with that computer and assumed you were online with another one.
I'm a bit confused since you reinstalled a few times, what might be in your /Extra folder. "/" refers to the root level on the drive or volume. If you navigate in finder to the root, you'll see a folder labeled Extra. Since you are using a UEFI configuration, there shouldn't be a DSDT.aml file in that folder.
If you have everything running properly, then the chances are you have the correct kexts in /System/Library/Extensions (commonly referred to as /S/L/E) and in /E.

After running multibeast I couldn't get online. I still don't see an extra folder but i did follow the s/l/e and that file is not there. I have my Marvericks HD and in that folder is Applications, Library, System, Users.

After running multibeast I couldn't get online. I still don't see an extra folder but i did follow the s/l/e and that file is not there. I have my Marvericks HD and in that folder is Applications, Library, System, Users.

Using finder, select the hd where Mavericks is installed (you may need to first go to preferences, go to the sidebar tab, and toggle it so all hd are shown in the sidebar (it isn't selected by default). If you then highlight the hd, you'll see several folders at the root level, such as System, and Extra.

I still don't see extra. I'm even displaying hidden items and i searched in the finder window. All i have is Applications Library System and User. Please don't give up on me. Does Extras appear after running multibeast?

I found an "Extra" folder hidden in the Usb stick?

ok i ran multibeast again and now have the extra folder.

Since you are using a uefi bios, you shouldn't have dsdt.aml in /Extra. You should have org.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist, and a nvram.xxxxxxx.plist, and 2 folders: "Themes", and "modules".

So, assuming this is what you have, does everything work - sound, graphics, ethernet, bluetooth (if you're using it), etc.?

I don't have the nvram plist only the other ones. I've been battling this all afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back