Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had installed my system using unibeast but was having issues with the system locking up down to the mouse. I've heard clover may fix this so I backed up and tried installing clover. I've gotten everything to work except the graphics. So previously I just needed to install the nvidia web drivers and reboot and it worked great. I tried that now with clover and when it boots the monitors just go into standby like it's not getting a signal and the system continues to boot because I hear Skype and everything boot up. I've tried every combo of flags I could find and nothing works. Setting nv_disable=1 will get the system to boot but it's not using the Web driver because it's slow and doesn't use my second monitor. The Web drivers are enabled and updated and I'm booting with the nvda set properly.

I'm using a gtx960 on newest Yosemite and newest clover. I've heard using different ports may work but my card only has display port and 1 home but my monitors don't support hdmi.

Any help is appreciated

You always need to have nvda_dvr=1 for clover to allow the loading of the Web Driver kexts.

Now, the question is, have you tried nVidia Injection = Off? I reckon some cards need it, some don't (eg. mine doesn't).

Edit

Now that I look at it, seems like I might be confussed with all the plist flags, since I use Clover Configurator now, never edit the plist by hand.
So in any case, my GT works with
nVidia Drivers = On (loads Web drivers, otherwise not even the nVidia control panel gets activated)
Injection -> nVidia = Off.

What system definition are you using? Sounds like iMac15,1 or MacPro6,1 behavior.

Thanks for the replies guys. After I posted this I messed with it some more and got it working. I had to turn NVidia to false I think in the injection part? I'm not sure what part it is, I think injection, but that worked. It turned the nvda_drv=1 off so I just had to re-add that, and set a few extra bits and it SEEMS to be working so far. If I have any problems I'll post about it but I THINK it's good.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back