Contribute
Register

Installed Mavericks, ran fine for a couple days, now this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hack Pro
CPU
Haswell i7 4770k
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys, I'm stumped here. This doesn't seem to be the general boot0 error everyone is talking about. I had the hackintosh running for a couple of days just fine, but now I can't even boot it. This occurred after installing protools 10 and the drivers for my audio interface (saffire pro 40). The only thing I see in the error message is something about my iLok key. The iLok key has to be in the machine to use pro tools, but I took it out to see if it would boot, and still nothing. I'll post a picture of the screen here. Really hoping someone else has been in this situation and can help me out. :banghead::banghead::banghead: boots.jpg

Hey Guys, I'm stumped here. This doesn't seem to be the general boot0 error everyone is talking about. I had the hackintosh running for a couple of days just fine, but now I can't even boot it. This occurred after installing protools 10 and the drivers for my audio interface (saffire pro 40). The only thing I see in the error message is something about my iLok key. The iLok key has to be in the machine to use pro tools, but I took it out to see if it would boot, and still nothing. I'll post a picture of the screen here. Really hoping someone else has been in this situation and can help me out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:View attachment 86453
This is know as a kernal panic try to boot with -x -v and see if it goes if not post back with a nice quality screen shot for further help you r going to have to uninstall what ever you installed that made this happen i can help you futher if i can see what verbose says

By chance are you using chameleon and did you hook up an external drive and possibly make a backup to it? That is the type of kernel panic I get if I have a bootable drive connected that has not had chameleon installed on it, or the boot drive needs the boot loader reinstalled.

By chance are you using chameleon and did you hook up an external drive and possibly make a backup to it? That is the type of kernel panic I get if I have a bootable drive connected that has not had chameleon installed on it, or the boot drive needs the boot loader reinstalled.

Well its a dual boot with windows 7. There are two ssds, one with mavericks and one with windows 7, and they are both splitting a 3tb hard drive partitioned down the middle. I'm not sure what chameleon is.

Well its a dual boot with windows 7. There are two ssds, one with mavericks and one with windows 7, and they are both splitting a 3tb hard drive partitioned down the middle. I'm not sure what chameleon is.
Chameleon is a boot loader used on these hackintoshes I don't think that not having it installed on an external is going to cause this what the problem is is that a incompatible program was installed and is being loaded during the boot up which is forcing the kernel to panic it will more than likely boot in safe mode if you would post up some screen shots of verbose where it hangs i could help but with out them I'm stabbing the dark here

I misspoke... I meant Chimera. It is the boot loader installed by Multibeast. I am batting about 0 in trying to help, so I may bow out and keep reading and learning more before offering advice.

The point I was trying to get at was it appeared as if the boot loader was not in effect any longer.

I was able to boot into mac by choosing verbose boot mode. I'm still getting the panic if I boot without verbose. Not sure how you want me to screenshot the whole verbose boot. It has pages of screens and goes by very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back