Nvidia Geforece GTX 960 4GB Gaming
Mac
  1. iMac
Running on a
Z77-DS3H
3.5Ghz Intel i7
Nvidia Geforece GTX 560 Ti
16gb corsair vengence ram

my issue: i was able to instal MTL to my ssd no problem tried running multibeast: install failed
rebooted
now i have the header size 200 error, when trying to boot into -x -v i get apple logo then to blank grey screen, reports show a kernel panic and no os assigned yet.

i cant get past that. this is my first build so im pretty new to it. but ive tried graphicsenabler=0 and all the basics in the guide.

any help?

If using the Nvidia, use the last DVI or first HDMI slot for the monitor. Type -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 at the boot prompt to log into the system.

If using the Nvidia, use the last DVI or first HDMI slot for the monitor. Type -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 at the boot prompt to log into the system.

That fixed my header error, but regardless of which port ive used, I can boot go through chimera -v -x all the info says ok then goes black and comes around to grey to screen with mouse displayed.

even if I dont -v -x it will load apple logo wheel spins happily for a 5seconds, then repeat to grey.

hmmm

I don't know if the 560 has native support.....

This is my expierence.

I installed ML went fine....was able to boot 100% off the SSD w/o issues.......

BUUUUUUT while jacking around with Multi Beast i didn't select all my info....while trying to fix the audio....i messed it up and wasn't able to boot....not even with the normal boot flags....

It was easier to reinstall and try my multi beast again. which took about 30 min then try to fix my SSD that I couldn't get back into.

I did and was a lot more careful with Multi beast....after that....

and for my card it was always graphicsenabler=no

I went to try to do a fresh reinstall to the SSD, but now upon running that I get the crossed out circle on the apple logo and the report says "still waiting for root device"

*Edit*
I was able to get back to the installer by switching USB ports of the dongle.
I tried doing that with booting to the ssd but no dice. Hopefully a fresh install and some careful mutlibeast tweaking fix this.

Its ALIVE!

I did a fresh install. multibeast succeeded this time, had to restart and enable legacy usb in my bios, but im up and running.

Thanks to everyone who helped out on my first build. Sorry for the total noob questions. Thanks so much though.

Only thing I wonder:
Can I just restore from my timemachine backup from my imac(10.8.2) or will that throw everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back