Contribute
Register

Installed a 970 / security update, now hangs at apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm an idiot. I was thinking OS X was up to date because I just made my flash drive, but the build number is older because it didn't have the latest security update. Installing that now.

OK, it's all up and working now. Undid the Fusion Drive and now going to recreate it. The end is in sight...

Edit: My new Fusion drive doesn't want to boot. Stops at "USBMSC Identifier."

OK, it's happening with my other drive too, that was perfect before I created the Fusion drive.

Safe boot works for the non-Fusion drive. If I try it with the Fusion I get the same kernel error.

OK, if I select my non-Fusion drive at boot, that works.

OK, my hard drive boots consistently, and my fusion is consistently giving me this error now.

What's weird is that in the process of installing OS X on the hard drive my org.chameleon got truncated...it has nothing but nvda=1. Not sure how it's booting without kext-dev mode=1.

Attachments

• IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 65
What's weird is that in the process of installing OS X on the hard drive my org.chameleon got truncated...it has nothing but nvda=1. Not sure how it's booting without kext-dev mode=1.

What you mean by the statement related with org.chameleon.boot.plist file??

kext-dev-mode=1 is required to load unsigned kexts.

Attach your org.chameleon.boot.plist (Which you have on Fusion drive) file.

OK, My hard drive looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And my Fusion Drive looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>rd=uuid boot-uuid=15539F47-08FC-4BE4-B2B2-6AC5429A51DF nvda_drv=1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Add kext-dev-mode=1 too.

What are the options you had selected on Mulltibeast??

Not sure why Multibeast would matter since they're working on my hard drive. But I did the userDSDT option with my audio, system definition, ethernet, CMOS reset fix, and DSDT.

I had tried adding kext-dev-mode=1 before, no difference.

Not sure why Multibeast would matter since they're working on my hard drive. But I did the userDSDT option with my audio, system definition, ethernet, CMOS reset fix, and DSDT.

I had tried adding kext-dev-mode=1 before, no difference.

Are you able to boot in to the Fusion drive with USB ??

Nope. It goes one line further, to USBMSCidentifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back