Contribute
Register

Installed a 970 / security update, now hangs at apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the bootable USB created with latest Unibeast?? Means Version 5.1.0

Connect monitor to DVI/HDMI/DP port with out any converter.

Ensure that your graphics card is the primary video adaper/initial display port on BIOS.
Disable integrated graphics on BIOS (If the option available)

Try booting with flags "dart=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v"

Using DVI port without any converter. Used the latest multibeast. I have no intel graphics.

-f gives me the kernel error, but with the rest of the commands it stops at IOBluetooth again.

Used the latest multibeast.

Multibeast?? Is it a typo??

I have no intel graphics.

-f gives me the kernel error, but with the rest of the commands it stops at IOBluetooth again.

Try with the entire flags not one by one "dart=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v"

If it stuck then post a photo of the entire screen.

Multibeast?? Is it a typo??

Try with the entire flags not one by one "dart=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v"

If it stuck then post a photo of the entire screen.

Yes, sorry, meant Unibeast. I used all the flags like that, still gave me the kernel error.

Incidentally, selecting my installer and adding nv_disable=1 -x -f -v boots me into my installation. I'm moving the altered org.chameleon file over and running the Web driver install.

Yes, sorry, meant Unibeast. I used all the flags like that, still gave me the kernel error.

Incidentally, selecting my installer and adding nv_disable=1 -x -f -v boots me into my installation. I'm moving the altered org.chameleon file over and running the Web driver install.

Complete the installation and run multibeast with proper options for your configuration, no need any altering on org.chameleon.boot.plist unless you are facing issues.

Ensure that you are installing after wiping out the OS X partition and EFI partition. Better way is destroy and re create the fusion drive.

Complete the installation and run multibeast with proper options for your configuration, no need any altering on org.chameleon.boot.plist unless you are facing issues.

Ensure that you are installing after wiping out the OS X partition and EFI partition. Better way is destroy and re create the fusion drive.

Well I'd already done multibeast...what's weird is that getting in via the installer only works sometimes...usually it does the installer, as one would expect. BTW, I don't think it liked the chameleon edits you made; now it hangs at a core storage line, or a circle with a slash without -v.

This will take a while...I have to install OS X to a spare drive first so I have something from which to make the Fusion Drive from...sigh.

Well I'd already done multibeast...what's weird is that getting in via the installer only works sometimes...usually it does the installer, as one would expect. BTW, I don't think it liked the chameleon edits you made; now it hangs at a core storage line, or a circle with a slash without -v.

This will take a while...I have to install OS X to a spare drive first so I have something from which to make the Fusion Drive from...sigh.

In any case if the booting stuck somewhere, you should have to come back here with an entire screen picture after using the flag -v.

OK, I have a new install up and running. I can boot from the HD, no USB or flags required, every time. However, I can't get the Nvidia drivers to work. I have nvda_drv=1 in my boot.plist, but the control panel does not load. I had to use pacifist to install the drivers despite my system definition being MacPro 3,1. Driver version is the latest, f01. My ethernet isn't working, either, even though I'm using the exact same DSDT as before...never needed anything else before.

However, I can't get the Nvidia drivers to work. I have nvda_drv=1 in my boot.plist, but the control panel does not load.

You have to install web driver for your running build version.

I had to use pacifist to install the drivers despite my system definition being MacPro 3,1.

What is the problem with this system definition??

NVIDIA Web Driver definitely work with Mac Pro 3,1

Driver version is the latest, f04.

f04 is not the latest version.

For Mac OS X 10.10.2 (14C1514) install the linked version : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.01.01f01/WebDriver-346.01.01f01.pkg

My ethernet isn't working, either, even though I'm using the exact same DSDT as before...never needed anything else before.

Identify ethernet adapter and install proper driver/kext for the specific model which you have in your motherboard. (Use DPCIManager to find out the hardware details)

OK, I have ethernet (I am almost certain I never needed to have to add a kext for it, but whatever)

Downloaded drivers from your link. Still get the same error that it's not compatible with this version of OS X. Verified my system definition is MP 3,1...guess I'll use pacifist.

OK, I have ethernet (I am almost certain I never needed to have to add a kext for it, but whatever)

Downloaded drivers from your link. Still get the same error that it's not compatible with this version of OS X. Verified my system definition is MP 3,1...

Which OS X version you are running?? Share the output of the below command.

Code:
cat /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

guess I'll use pacifist.

For all versions of 10.10.2, NVIDIA officially released the proper versions. Then why you want to use the tool??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back