Contribute
Register

Installed a 970 / security update, now hangs at apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P55M-UD2
CPU
4 Ghz i5 760
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I installed a GTX 970 today and I'm rather stuck. I used nv_disable to boot, added the nv_drv=1, and installed the Web Drivers. I had to use pacifist to do it. The prefpane did not work at this point. Then I installed Security update 003 (probably a dumb idea) with a restart.

Now on boot, it hangs at the Apple logo, and using -v, at "Firewire (OHCI) now active..." either with nv_disable or without. Not sure what to do next. I have a fusion drive, if that matters.

Same thing happens with USB, which is really weird. Had to use Pacifist because the installer said it wasn't supported on the version of OS X.

To install the web driver change your system definition to MacPro3,1 or MacPro5,1

To install the web driver change your system definition to MacPro3,1 or MacPro5,1

It's MacPro 3,1. I managed to get the USB to boot, and I installed the web drivers. Restarted and it seemed to work. Resolution was correct and the card was recognized correctly. Then I switched to the web drivers in System Preferences, fixed sound which had disappeared for some reason, restarted, and it started to hang again, in the same place at the Apple logo.

Wondering if it's my Fusion drive. For some reason there is only one Boot OS X Partition that shows up, and I added the nvd_drv=1 to the file there, but nothing else.

Sigh. USB no longer seems to work, even with -x. If I try to use -x on the drive, it says it can't find the Mach_kernel.

Check your OS X Build version.

Code:
cat /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

Can't because my USB drive doesn't work. This is where it hangs when I choose "os x installer." If I choose my disk via usb it hangs at "the iousb family was not able to enumerate a device."

Should be whatever the build is when the security update is installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 64
Can't because my USB drive doesn't work. This is where it hangs. Should be whatever the build is when the security update is installed.

Connect monitor to one of the digital output port (DVI/HDMI/DP) without any converters.

Try to boot with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v". Post the result.

Connect monitor to one of the digital output port (DVI/HDMI/DP) without any converters.

Try to boot with "dart=0 nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -f -v". Post the result.

OK, I'm in. With the USB, I tried nv_disable=1 and -f.

My build is 14C1514 (10.10.2). Now if I try to access the nvidia control panel, it hangs. It had worked before and I installed f04, so I'm not sure what's going on.

OK, I'm in. With the USB, I tried nv_disable=1 and -f.

My build is 14C1514 (10.10.2). Now if I try to access the nvidia control panel, it hangs. It had worked before and I installed f04, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Try to get in from HDD, not from USB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back