Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear Community,

thank you for this awesome Project!
I installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion on my Asus P5K-VM with an Intel Q6600, GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB more or less successful..

These thinks don't work after installation of OS X with Unibeast and then Mulitbeast with the option Easybeast:

Network --> Fixed after installation of Kext: View attachment IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip
Audio (Realtek ALC883)
Sleep Mode
Wake On LAN

I followed various Threads and HowTos, but I'm not sure which is the best solution. I've find out the following guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...x-mountain-lion-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/
but I would like to use tonymacs installer with BlackCH's kext files you can find here in Post 1198. Is this possible or do you have any tips to get the Mountain Lion running successful on my system?

Current I' ve the problem, that my system doesn't boot after using the sleep mode. Thats why I have to completely reinstall the system. This time I would like to make it right the first time.

Many thanks in advanced for your support!
sTaNy

EDIT: Nobody can help concerning my problems?

I also tried this way:

I created my own DSDT on xubuntu live cd (with sudocat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml).
Imodified my DSDT with DSDTSE Editor like this Tutorialand used the Patches from http://olarila.com/forum/packs.phpyou can find attached.

Ifollowed this Tutorialto install Mountain Lion and my DSDT file.
Afterthat I've installed BlackCH's kexts from post #1196.I used the kext wizard 3.7.10 to install them.

Thefollowing problems exists:

• Audio doesn't work
  • Sleep Mode doesn't work (hard drive shuts down but fans continue to run and I can't wake up the system)
  • Wake On LAN doesn't work
Isthere any tutorial for the P5K-VM Board to get run Mountain Lion stepby step?

Hopeyou can help me. If any information is missing please tell me. Theproblem for me is to find the correct files for patching DSDT andfind the correct kext files for Audio, Sleep Mode and Wake ON LAN.

Thanks a lot.

Code:
hi there i have a fully working p5k vm with a q6600 and 8500gt  con tact me for details

Hi HDB,

thank you very much for answering! Do you also speak german?
I can't find a working solution. Would be great if you could tell me, how you get it to run!

Thanks and Kind regards

Sorry don't speak German I can mail you details on how to install mountain lion if your interested just done one for a friend 100% working and updated to 10.8.3

Hi HDB,

no problem! This would be great. Could you post the details on this thread, too? I guess it will be also interesting for others. Maybe you can upload a pdf file or something like that because I couldn't send pn messages to you.

Thanks!
Greetz

Yeah that would be much appreciated. I would love to update with everything working

I will post details on how to install later today when I can get into the office.I will see if I can upload a zip file with all that is required

P.S. unsure about the sleep as I don't use it my mac is on all the time for itunes sharing with Apple TV I'm sure you can use narcolepsy.app or similar

Great HDB!
Many many thanks for that!
I'm excited and looking forward
to your info!

As promised earlier my P5k vm install instruction please read them thoroughly I've done dozens of installs using this method
P5K-VM MOUNTAIN LION

1 : create a USB installer using easy beast( videos available online)
2 : load the motherboard default values and adjust as follows
Set IDE to AHCI , disable the serial and parallel ports, set on board graphics to disabled, and boot order to USB .
3 : boot from the USB stick at the boot menu boot with the flag -v follow the install process on the pre installler select utilities and go for disc utility and format a 50GB GUI partition with os extended journaled continue with the install to the end reboot and at the boot menu select your new mountain lion hdd and boot with -v -f when prompted fill out the required fields to get to the desktop
4 : now to the patching first install the fake smc kext and the Marvell 88oe556 network kext using the B7 kext utility when you get fingers crossed force quit the app then install chimera 2.0.1 once complete add the contents of my extra folder to your extra folder you may need a different DSDT mines for a Q 6600 with a geforce 8500gt then go to software update and install any updates reboot again with -v -f
5 : install audio Kexts apple hda and hda enabler using B7 again when fingers crossed appears force quit and reboot again with -v -f
6 : install the storage Kexts with B7 wait till fingers crossed and force quit this will get rid of the orange icons and recognise the ich9r Sata controller reboot with -v -f
7 : icloud fix next use EFI studio and the instruction provided to add your network card to the org .chameleon boot plist reboot with -v -f
8 : you can now log into the iCloud , App Store , iTunes and iMessage reboot with no flags job done
9 if -v -f doesn't work try just -v failing that boot with -x once on the desktop you should be able to boot normally finished if you followed these instructions correctly you should be sorted now

Ps the audio Kexts will need to be reinstalled easy time you update

Ive added an install pack that i use
any problems post them here
I get Emailed.

Attachments

• PK5 VM Install Pack .zip
    27.6 MB · Views: 858
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back