GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Soon I am going to be installing El Capitan on my Hackintosh. I am using a macbook to get El Capitan. Do you have to install El Capitan on the Macbook and then use Unibeast to create the bootable USB or do you just have to download it.

I downloaded the 6GB El Capitan Installer from the app store, I was just wondering if I have to install it on the Macbook to make the installer on Unibeast?

Soon I am going to be installing El Capitan on my Hackintosh. I am using a macbook to get El Capitan. Do you have to install El Capitan on the Macbook and then use Unibeast to create the bootable USB or do you just have to download it.

I downloaded the 6GB El Capitan Installer from the app store, I was just wondering if I have to install it on the Macbook to make the installer on Unibeast?

You want to quit the installer app and create UniBeast before doing anything, in fact its a good idea to zip/compress the download for safe keeping. If you install it on your MacBook it will disappear from the Applications folder then you would have to download it again.

You want to quit the installer app and create UniBeast before doing anything, in fact its a good idea to zip/compress the download for safe keeping. If you install it on your MacBook it will disappear from the Applications folder then you would have to download it again.

Thanks. I haven't even opened the installer for El Capitan. So it would be fine to run Unibeast, create the USB installer, and El Capitan would show up as on option when choosing which Mac OS you want to install onto the USB?

Thanks. I haven't even opened the installer for El Capitan. So it would be fine to run Unibeast, create the USB installer, and El Capitan would show up as on option when choosing which Mac OS you want to install onto the USB? Thanks :)

Yes that's correct. El Capitan will be available for you to select when you make your UniBeast bootable USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back