Contribute
Register

Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

1. After the multibeast installation for my machine, I saw a system error saying VoodooHDA did not install properly. Though others experienced this, I couldn't find a solution.
--- Any remedy? I couldn't find any.

2. When I launch the VoodooHDA pref pane I get a message: No VooDooHDA devices detected.
--- ?

While searching, I came across this page:
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1194-voodoohda-2-8-4-pkg-installer/

There I saw this:

Anyone know if this might work and if so... can someone walk me through this process? I'd gladly try to learn.

I had the same problem as you did. Good to know I wasn't the only one. Here's my solution, click online below and it will download folder, "2746-VoodooHDA-v2". Inside launch "VoodooHDA-v2.8.4.pkg". After installation speaker, mic works perfectly.
http://www.osx86.net/files/getdownload/1774-voodoohda-2-8-4-pkg-installer/

4. I did not install the Mieze's RealtekRTL8111.kext for ethernet support. I should probably do that now.

Were you able to get Ethernet working??? I still am unsuccessful no matter what I do, dynamic or static. Card IS recognized but this is what I receive in Network Settings
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/51/j5pt.png
Double checked if router is working and Windows 8 works fine connected.
Any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

If you install with MultiBeast, just select VoodooHDA 2.8.4, do not select anything else

Alternatively, you can install the voodooHDA kexts attached in my last post with kext wizard. make sure to install it into /S/L/E

And remember, don't use USB to boot your system. You must use HDD boot loader to reboot

:)

I never use the USB stick now that things are up and running.

What I have tried:
1. Copy VoodooHDA.kext to desktop and install insto S/L/E via Kext Wizard
RESULT: - no change.

I will try Multibeast again in a few... but FIRST :D ---> Setting up another laptop w/ Mavericks only.:D Using your guide.

Were you able to get Ethernet working??? I still am unsuccessful no matter what I do, dynamic or static. Card IS recognized but this is what I receive in Network Settings
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/51/j5pt.png
Double checked if router is working and Windows 8 works fine connected.
Any ideas anyone? Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure. I haven't tried yet... I haven't been to motivated to check b/c I am so happy :D and I only have easy access to wifi... and the wifi card for my machine has not arrived yet. BUt I will try to test it if I can and let you know here as well today.

I never use the USB stick now that things are up and running.

What I have tried:
1. Copy VoodooHDA.kext to desktop and install insto S/L/E via Kext Wizard
RESULT: - no change.

I will try Multibeast again in a few... but FIRST :D ---> Setting up another laptop w/ Mavericks only.:D Using your guide.

Did you try the VoodooHDA.kext I attached in post #148? This is the one I am using right now. I am sure it is working at least for me.

Since more than one people have audio problem, I am thinking maybe I got my audio driver from somewhere else but I forgot. Please try the one I attached in #148 and report back. Thanks

Did you try the VoodooHDA.kext I attached in post #148? This is the one I am using right now. I am sure it is working at least for me.

Since more than one people have audio problem, I am thinking maybe I got my audio driver from somewhere else but I forgot. Please try the one I attached in #148 and report back. Thanks

Thank you so much! sorry for the late post. Had some tech issues with another install (mavericks). Nothing wrong with the guide there... With the corrections posted here, it was flawless!!! Sound is def' working! I didn't get a chance to test ethernet yet though. Tomorrow.

Thank you so much! sorry for the late post. Had some tech issues with another install (mavericks). Nothing wrong with the guide there... With the corrections posted here, it was flawless!!! Sound is def' working! I didn't get a chance to test ethernet yet though. Tomorrow.

Thanks. I will update the guide to include the voodooHDA in #148 then.

To the ethernet, I did further investigate and found it cannot get IP address from DHCP server just like osanekun said. Sorry guys, I was only used it to connect two computers directly to transfer files (1000MB speed benefits), in this case, APIPA address is enough to work well, so I didn't realize the problem. I will mark in the guide too.

Thanks. I will update the guide to include the voodooHDA in #148 then.

To the ethernet, I did further investigate and found it cannot get IP address from DHCP server just like osanekun said. Sorry guys, I was only used it to connect two computers directly to transfer files (1000MB speed benefits), in this case, APIPA address is enough to work well, so I didn't realize the problem. I will mark in the guide too.

How do you set up APIPA address on the mac? I am not familiar with this...

How do you set up APIPA address on the mac? I am not familiar with this...

APIPA is Automatic private IP Address, it is the IP address automatically assigned by system. APIPA is the address like 169.254.x.x. It is good for computer-to-computer connection but not good for computer-router connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back