Graphics
nvidia
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So far I made the usb boot stick plugged it in get to the boot screen where i see the usb stick...

at this point i click it and i get the apple loading screen for a second or 2 and either the computer freezes or it reboots.

on a side note I am pretty handy with a PC... i build windows and linux machines but really like the mac os now so i want to have a dual boot system...

so questions:

#1 after I install the mac osx i can bootcamp a windows install? how do i do that?
#2 what would cause the system to restart before the installer even finishes loading?

I am trying to make a mac out of:

mobo: rampage 3 formula
intel i7 960
asus 560ti nvidia video card
500 gig junky old hard drives various models / makers

so I set up the bios with all the specs and stuff i could find played with all of the power settings raid aray different controlers... the works... just no boot im thinking its a video problem? any advice would be great :D

So far I made the usb boot stick plugged it in get to the boot screen where i see the usb stick...

at this point i click it and i get the apple loading screen for a second or 2 and either the computer freezes or it reboots.

on a side note I am pretty handy with a PC... i build windows and linux machines but really like the mac os now so i want to have a dual boot system...

so questions:

#1 after I install the mac osx i can bootcamp a windows install? how do i do that?
#2 what would cause the system to restart before the installer even finishes loading?

I am trying to make a mac out of:

mobo: rampage 3 formula
intel i7 960
asus 560ti nvidia video card
500 gig junky old hard drives various models / makers

so I set up the bios with all the specs and stuff i could find played with all of the power settings raid aray different controlers... the works... just no boot im thinking its a video problem? any advice would be great :D
Please have a look here for dual booting
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a-13.html
now because you have a nvidia card you may wanna try booting with some boot flags like this -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -v and see what happens if it doesn't make it to the installation screen then post here a quality screen shot of where it hangs for about five minutes for further assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back