Contribute
Register

Install problems on Asus P8 Z68 V Pro (10.8.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z68V-pro
CPU
Graphics
Nvidia 450GTS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been a "silent" member of the forum for quite a lot of time, but this once I don't seem to be finding a solution so, please help!
My system consists of:

Asus P8Z68 V Pro
Intel i7 2600K
Corsair XMS 2x4 Gb (1333 MHz)
Twintech GTS450
OCZ vertex 60 Gb

After several attempts at installing 10.8.1 (using unibeast+multibeast), I was partially successful: now the system boots, but in many occasions just after the Apple logo screen I get a white screen and the system does not proceed. If I restart it, the system usually boots and I get a dialog asking whether I want to have the previously running applications reopened (obviously the ones on the white screen-reboot, please note I don't have any applications opening at log in and I always close all applications before shutting down). Furthermore I got sleep issues: the system would go to sleep if left unattended and wouldn't wake up unless restarted.
Having these problems, I decided to do a clean install using multibeast and 10.8.2. The problem now is that just before the installer starts (after the Apple logo screen) the whole screen goes black and the installer never starts. The same thing happened several times, as had on my previous, partially successful attempt. The thing is that on my previous attempts sometimes I could somehow get past this point, but this time I cannot manage (this is one of the things that I never understood, since without making any changes sometimes the installation proceeded and others not). I have tried graphicsenabler=no and the -x flag to no avail.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have been a "silent" member of the forum for quite a lot of time, but this once I don't seem to be finding a solution so, please help!
My system consists of:

Asus P8Z68 V Pro
Intel i7 2600K
Corsair XMS 2x4 Gb (1333 MHz)
Twintech GTS450
OCZ vertex 60 Gb

After several attempts at installing 10.8.1 (using unibeast+multibeast), I was partially successful: now the system boots, but in many occasions just after the Apple logo screen I get a white screen and the system does not proceed. If I restart it, the system usually boots and I get a dialog asking whether I want to have the previously running applications reopened (obviously the ones on the white screen-reboot, please note I don't have any applications opening at log in and I always close all applications before shutting down). Furthermore I got sleep issues: the system would go to sleep if left unattended and wouldn't wake up unless restarted.
Having these problems, I decided to do a clean install using multibeast and 10.8.2. The problem now is that just before the installer starts (after the Apple logo screen) the whole screen goes black and the installer never starts. The same thing happened several times, as had on my previous, partially successful attempt. The thing is that on my previous attempts sometimes I could somehow get past this point, but this time I cannot manage (this is one of the things that I never understood, since without making any changes sometimes the installation proceeded and others not). I have tried graphicsenabler=no and the -x flag to no avail.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When installing from Multibeast, try to select the following flag:

PCIRootUID=0.

This is for those who have Nvidia video cards. I had the same problem, but I solved PCIRootUID=0.

After installation, you will lead the creation of a valid DSDT for your motherboard.

Many thanks! I will try that at home and get back. Could you point me to a DSDT-creation tutorial. I have followed one or two, but never managed to get one working.

Many thanks! I will try that at home and get back. Could you point me to a DSDT-creation tutorial. I have followed one or two, but never managed to get one working.

Yep! One moment ;)

That was fast!
However I do ave another question: can I use the Maximus bios, or do I need to find a modified one for my MB (P8Z68 V Pro)? What is the modification for?
Thank you, Kazuma!

I guess I won't have any issues with the bios and Win7, right? I am not the only one using the PC and all the others are still using windows...

I guess I won't have any issues with the bios and Win7, right? I am not the only one using the PC and all the others are still using windows...

No, no. Do not worry, nothing happens. I also use Windows, because I play Battlefield 3. I have not found any error. Change only the SpeedStep for Mac, no big deal.

I think I am in the right direction! I managed to bypass the black screen, using the flag and after a successful install, my Hackintosh can go to sleep. However, I still have two problems: i) have no sound (I patched the modified DSDT with 892, which is what my MB has) and ii) when the system wakes the screen is full of random symbols and even thought the cursor moves, the whole system does not responded until rebooted. Any ideas?
Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back