Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings!

My son is happily running a hackintosh on an old HP Intel Core 2 Duo motherboard with a BIOS Version of DPP3510J.86A

The on board audio doesn't work, but he has USB speakers and a USB headset and everything else works fine under Mountain Lion.

However, when trying to install Yosemite using either the Unibeast method or the Clover Boot Stick method, the computer forcibly reboots just after the apple logo is displayed on the screen and we never make it to the Yosemite installer. I have tried booting into single user mode and the reboot still happens. I have tried booting with the patched kernel recommended for certain laptops, but the reboot still happens. Even watching verbose mode gives no clear indication of what's happening.

Can anyone give me some advice as to why Mountain Lion works well but Yosemite won't install?

My guess is that some of the hardware may not be compatible with Yosemite. This is, of course, not knowing his full system but hearing that you had an old system. Yosemite needs a bit of processing power. Check out the list and see if there is anything you can upgade that may make a difference. :)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-december-2014.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back