Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

I will be stuffing my NUC inside an iMac G4 and probably hooking up the audio out to internal speaker and mic, meaning that it would be "permanently" connected. Is there a change to the audio setup we can make to have DisplayPort audio take priority over internal audio when it is plugged in?
I have quite literally done the same thing, and from personal experience, I found it best to use a USB audio device. Check out the top rated one on amazon (I would link you but I am on my tablet) that is what I usednfor my build. It was recommended to me by Ersterhernd and works exceptionally well

~~~~~~~~
After I removed one RAM stick from my NUC the installation succeeded.

Until the last bit of section 7, "You can now eject the Unibeast Installer and reboot the NUC.
When you reboot it, type in the following flags at the boot screen (This only needs to be done once) and press the Enter key :" When I rebooted I got another error:

View attachment 105417
I think this is a NUC error instead of a Mac OS X error (just a guess).
I have tried every combination with my 2 RAM sticks, but without luck :(. Also Google didn't help me at all.

Any ideas?

Boot 0 error. See here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I have quite literally done the same thing, and from personal experience, I found it best to use a USB audio device. Check out the top rated one on amazon (I would link you but I am on my tablet) that is what I usednfor my build. It was recommended to me by Ersterhernd and works exceptionally well

~~~~~~~~

Boot 0 error. See here:http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Thanks! That fixed it.

Edit: Just finished the guide! Thanks for everything :D

Also want to ask if it is possible to skip or auto-continue at the Chameleon Bootloader screen? Because there is only one drive to boot to and pressing Enter every time is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks! That fixed it.

Edit: Just finished the guide! Thanks for everything :D

Also want to ask if it is possible to skip or auto-continue at the Chameleon Bootloader screen? Because there is only one drive to boot to and pressing Enter every time is a bit of a hassle.

If you mean just go through the entire boot process without pausing then yes, there is.

I think its probably 'Quiet Boot' you need; that is a flag you can set in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

You can see a comprehensive list of available flags here.

Thanks a lot WonkeyDonkey!!

I fixed my 10.9.5 upgrade (BIOS 0028 update, new Unibeast, mach_kernel copy, audio setup). :)

When I finished installing 10.9.4 using this guide (it was while this was being updated to 10.9.5), my cursor was blinking crazy fast, the shutdown prompt counts down 60 seconds in like 5, and it acts like someone is pressing a certain key mad fast. Some searching points to the busratio boot flag, and sure enough, adding busratio=10 fixed the problem - I am typing this post on the NUC.:D

Anybody else having to do this?

Hi, WonkeyDonkey! Thanks a lot for such amazing project. I decided to buy NUC only after i've got an idea to follow your manual. I succeeded to install and to tune-up everything with 10.9.4.
No luck at all with 10.9.5.
My first mistake was to rewrite the USB with new Unibeast and 10.9.5. Now, i can't move forward after i launched Installation for the first time. When i am trying to reach the Terminal step i see:
panic "a freed zone element...< > kalloc.64 etc.
So, what i am doing wrong? No changes in hardware at all! 10.9.4 was working wonderful! Do you have an image of USB with 10.9.4? Help, please! Thanks!

P.S. maxmem=4096 don't work with 10.9.5
P.P.S. i decided to downgrade to 0026, which was lucky for me with 10.9.4. Now i see another bug: removeSymbol com.omneon.kext. < > panic panic (((((

Sorry for late reply. I'm using headphones 3.5mm audio in. With the same kext files used in 10.9.4. Sound is ok.

When I finished installing 10.9.4 using this guide (it was while this was being updated to 10.9.5), my cursor was blinking crazy fast, the shutdown prompt counts down 60 seconds in like 5, and it acts like someone is pressing a certain key mad fast. Some searching points to the busratio boot flag, and sure enough, adding busratio=10 fixed the problem - I am typing this post on the NUC.:D

Anybody else having to do this?

This is suggestive that you either have the wrong kernel file or that you are using old versions of the software. This existed as an issue but was resolved a long time ago.

Hi, WonkeyDonkey! Thanks a lot for such amazing project. I decided to buy NUC only after i've got an idea to follow your manual. I succeeded to install and to tune-up everything with 10.9.4.
No luck at all with 10.9.5.
My first mistake was to rewrite the USB with new Unibeast and 10.9.5. Now, i can't move forward after i launched Installation for the first time. When i am trying to reach the Terminal step i see:
panic "a freed zone element...< > kalloc.64 etc.
So, what i am doing wrong? No changes in hardware at all! 10.9.4 was working wonderful! Do you have an image of USB with 10.9.4? Help, please! Thanks!

P.S. maxmem=4096 don't work with 10.9.5
P.P.S. i decided to downgrade to 0026, which was lucky for me with 10.9.4. Now i see another bug: removeSymbol com.omneon.kext. < > panic panic (((((

You should read the end of the guide, it tells you what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back