Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

I wont be able to help you with 8.0 or 8.1 as I will never use either. I think there are some dual boot guides for windows 8 in the forums though if you search around.

Sleep works perfectly here using the normal method of selecting it from the Apple menu, as does waking up using the mouse/keyboard.

Thanks.. my particular issue is with Intel Ethernet not waking up (saying cable unplugged - only fix is reboot) after OSX come back from sleep.. Guess your kext version doesn't have this problem?

Thanks.. my particular issue is with Intel Ethernet not waking up (saying cable unplugged - only fix is reboot) after OSX come back from sleep.. Guess your kext version doesn't have this problem?

Ethernet is fully configured as part of the guide but I dont use it on a day to day basis here.

There are some reported issues with the intel ethernet kexts in general, and also some solutions that have worked for other people including reverting to an older version of the kext or modifying the existing one.

Thanks for everything!!!!

When everything will be fine, I would love also to have a quick how-to for the upgrade from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5.

The guide is mid-way between versions at this very moment, I am updating and testing. The new version 5.5 of the install pack is already uploaded so if you have taken the kernel from that then you have a mismatch since the kernel in that is the 10.9.5 version; the previous was the 10.9.4 version.

If it has always been 10.9.4 then what is it you are trying to achieve right now ?
I have the 5.4 install pack and have not downloaded the new one.

The NUC froze here:

You will see some warnings generated during the Multibeast installation about kernel extensions being from unidentified developers; this is fine and you should dismiss these warnings by clicking 'Ok' when prompted.

Close Multibeast when it has finished installing.

I am trying then to do this:

On the NUC system drive (Mavericks), go to the '/Extra/modules' folder. Delete the file called 'HDAEnabler.dylib'.

Next, using OSX Finder, copy the following 3 files FROM the NUC Install Pack TO the /Extra folder of your NUC system drive (Mavericks) :

• SSDT.aml
  • smbios.plist
  • org.chameleon.boot.plist

Finally, unzip the file called 'NUC-HD4600-A1.zip' in your Downloads folder. In the resulting folder you will find a file called 'SSDT-1.aml'; you should copy this to the /Extra folder of your NUC system drive (Mavericks).
This is the part that I'm wondering if can be done from a terminal.

I have the 5.4 install pack and have not downloaded the new one.

The NUC froze here:

I am trying then to do this:

This is the part that I'm wondering if can be done from a terminal.

You should try running Multibeast again then. One point to consider is that the NUC.mb file was created in Multibeast a couple of versions ago. If the contents of Multibeast have changed (which they probably will have), that *may* be causing it to hiccup.

Try running Multibeast without the NUC.mb file and just manually selecting the same options instead.

As to those files, you could copy them using the command line if you are knowledgable enough to do so; my recommendation is to use Finder though.

Hdaenabler.dylib only exists once Chimera has been successfully installed.

You should try running Multibeast again then. One point to consider is that the NUC.mb file was created in Multibeast a couple of versions ago. If the contents of Multibeast have changed (which they probably will have), that *may* be causing it to hiccup.

Try running Multibeast without the NUC.mb file and just manually selecting the same options instead.

As to those files, you could copy them using the command line if you are knowledgable enough to do so; my recommendation is to use Finder though.

Hdaenabler.dylib only exists once Chimera has been successfully installed.
I booted the install stick again, and knowing that an unpatched kernel will panic on Haswell NUC, copied the kernel from the stick to NUC again, and I'm back. :thumbup:

Yes, i would also like this. :headbang:

You can probably put the new kernel on your unibeast stick, run the combo updater and then copy the new kernel to the NUC so that you are running 10.9.5 with a patched 10.9.5 kernel, which is the correct combo. I have not done this method though since I test every revision of the guide using a blank SSD and start the process from scratch. The rest of this post will make it clear why I choose to do that.

If you wish to give it a go, then please feel free and I will try to help where I can. My main focus however is completing the main guide.

Whatever you do, the normal rules apply. Dont take a risk; backup anything you consider to be important. Make sure you have a fully functional Unibeast stick before making any changes, and make sure it contains both the 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 patched kernels. You can test it to see if it boots up correctly before proceeding any further, and if there is any doubt, well you know....

I cant say for sure regarding audio since a totally new audio setup is being sorted out which removes the need to even install a modified AppleHDA.kext. The new system will patch the default AppleHDA from the installation. This is good for us since it is less work and we dont have to mess about installing a patched kext from the Install Pack.

What I can tell you for sure so far is this:

[1] 10.9.5 and bios version 0028 work very well together.
[2] The kernel has to be patched same as before (I have already presented the 10.9.5 patched kernel in v5.5 of the Install Pack).
[3] Graphics work perfectly as before.
[4] The Azul Framebuffer patch and SSDT-1.aml files are still required, and are the same as previous versions.
[5] All the other customisation, HWsensors, FakeSMC edit work as before.
[6] We no longer need to install Chimera separately; this is another step now removed from the guide.
[7] Some of the existing steps in the guide have now been shortened a fair bit due to changes in Multibeast/Chimera etc. This is good for us as it means a more simplified guide.
[8] The main sticking point right now is the ALC283 audio, which is being looked at in detail. Hopefully once this is working you will have full headphone support without the fuzziness and dropouts we had previously, and as before, no microphone. (If you need a microphone I suggest a cheap and cheerful USB one).
[9] Once this audio issue is resolved I will complete the remaining parts of the guide (The audio process WILL change).

I know some of you are eager to get on with this, but I simply will not publish the complete 10.9.5 guide until I am satisfied that everything works as per expectation and without any issues. This is important because a) You all want a trouble-free guide, and b) The guide is designed for total newcomers as well as more experienced users. I have no intention of leaving out any possible newcomers. We all had to start somewhere in our hackintosh journey and not without some degree of :banghead: The very detailed testing that has gone into every revision of the guide helps us all to achieve a baseline fully functional NUC that is suitable for every-day use without any further modification, tinkering or messing around.

This is something I will not compromise on, even at the expense of being a little late to the party.

Would you rather have a 100% fully working guide or a half-assed effort that leaves you having to trawl through the forums and try to guess the correct way to do it ?

With all that said, we are close to completion and I am sure you will be pleased with the final result!

:thumbup:

[6] We no longer need to install Chimera separately; this is another step now removed from the guide.
I can wait for you to complete the updates to the guide. Thanks for your hard work!

In my case, I manually selected items in MultiBeast rather than loading NUC.mb, selected everything indicated in the guide (which curiously didn't include Chimera), and as you indicated I don't have HDAEnabler.dylib in /Extra. Would I now need to go back and install Chimera?

I can wait for you to complete the updates to the guide. Thanks for your hard work!

In my case, I manually selected items in MultiBeast rather than loading NUC.mb, selected everything indicated in the guide (which curiously didn't include Chimera), and as you indicated I don't have HDAEnabler.dylib in /Extra. Would I now need to go back and install Chimera?

Correct. Chimera will be added to the Multibeast selection once the audio is confirmed and I can tidy up the rest of the guide. The version of Chimera which is used in the latest Unibeast is fully compatible too, so we will no longer need to install it to the Unibeast Installer key, nor the NUC system itself.

The latest Chimera works well, but also includes hdaenabler.dylib. We have to delete this since it is not relevant to our setup and actually causes issues if it is left in the modules folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back