Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

The larger photo is here:

http://imgur.com/vIyq8yx

i am able to boot the installer without any parameters, but when i try to boot the installed system i get the above error. No matter if i add the parameters or not.

what might be the issue here?

thanks in advance,
g.

Can you try adding -f and also -x to your bootflags ?

Use these combinations :

-v -f UseKernelCache=No

-v -x UseKernelCache=No

-v -x -f UseKernelCache=No

See what happens with them. I have noticed a change in boot flags on some of my systems here for 10.9.2 compard to 10.9.1.

Hey guys, sorry bothering (half) offtopic, but i got an issue with my D54250WYK after upgrading from bios 0024 (worked good) to 0025.

At the moment the system uses OPENelec/XBMC which was very stable with 0024.

Now i recognized that after upgrading BIOS to 0025 now the DVB-C stick crashes.

I tried downgrading to 0024 via Recovery-Mode (no jumper) and resetting to default settings in BIOS (F9) but it still doesn't work. There has to be some leftover from 0025.

So:

Can you tell me if removing the battery is really the only way for a TRUE cmos reset? Seems so? :(

Thanks!

I checked the various versions quoted when I downgraded from 0024 back to 0023 and everything reverted back as it should have. Ive not tried 0025 to 0024 though.

Your recovery mode sounds correct : remove the jumper, boot with USB stick that has the version you wish to downgrade to, and it should do a bios 'recovery' back to the version on the stick.

There has been usb changes in 0024 and 0025, and in relation to booting the system too, I wonder if one of those changes is responsible.

Problem is they dont document the changes publically in enough detail.

Edit : I seem to remember reading something about bios updates in general, in so much as when you downgrade a bios, not all of the compnents are fully downgraded to the previous version of code. The reasons can be because of cpu microcode updates, MEI updates etc. Not terribly helpful I know, but it may be partly responsible for your issues. Im not aware of any way to check for sure though. The release notes for 0025 mention updates to just about every area of firmware code.

@WonkeyDonkey

Thanks!

Fiddled all night taking the NUC motherboard out of the case and trying to fix the problem (removed battery for CMOS reset, multiple recoveries with both 0024 and 0025, etc.)
This was some annoying *** i can tell. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

I almost gave up, but after hours i may now be back on 0024 with hopefully leftover problem which 0025 started causing.

I can't say for sure because the allday test has not been made, but as i went to bed it looked "OK" with some short livetv and movie file tests.

Since i had no serious issues with 0024 whatsoever, i suggest thinking twice about upgrading to 0025 for now.
The models are still very new and without a easy clear cmos method it's a pain in the *** to get a clean downgrade in case of real problems.

I ordered a bios-battery-extension-cable
2-st-kabelverl%C3%A4ngerung-bios-batterie-cmos-akku-cmos-backup-batterie-o-l%C3%BCfter-91823623.jpg

and will try to extend the bios-battery connector to the other side of the mainboard, so i can disconnect the battery without ever taking the motherboard completely out of the case again.
Looks like a good idea.

Tipp (maybe):
If you HAVE to take the motherboard out of a (D54250WYKH) case the most important thing for me was to find out that it's important to remove the plastic IR-sensor/3,5jack cover. (But careful, you don't want to mess up the IR sensor.)

Thanks again and greets

Hi,

It did boot with -f -x -v but it crashed after few minutes.

The crash error pic is here:

http://imgur.com/iINjKKZ

Is there a way to make OSX on a hackintosh a bit more stable?

All best,
g.

Hi,

It did boot with -f -x -v but it crashed after few minutes.

The crash error pic is here:

http://imgur.com/iINjKKZ

Is there a way to make OSX on a hackintosh a bit more stable?

All best,
g.

Well it can never be guaranteed. If you read the posts in this thread, particularly the more recent ones, people are having varying levels of ease. Im personally pinning my hopes on the next bios version and OSX 10.9.3.

After some hours of allday-testing it seems that my 0024 is okay.

Some oddity: 0024 now seems to be just like before my 0025-nightmare - i even use the same install as before - but i can't switch ON the device via MCE remote control anymore. (OFF via remote works)...:crazy:

Hopefully my other SSD is free soon, so i can try OSX. :angel: 10.9.1 is still the way to go for now?

After some hours of allday-testing it seems that my 0024 is okay.

Some oddity: 0024 now seems to be just like before my 0025-nightmare - i even use the same install as before - but i can't switch ON the device via MCE remote control anymore. (OFF via remote works)...:crazy:

Hopefully my other SSD is free soon, so i can try OSX. :angel: 10.9.1 is still the way to go for now?

I cant recommend any particular version right now. 10.9.1 certainly worked the smoothest, but of course it has that horrid security bug. Unfortunately they didnt release a standalone update for it.

Just wanted to mention that after a while away I have now updated to 10.9.2 and did not experience any problem in doing that. I would certainly recommend Clover as a boot loader for this platform to ensure that updates are as trouble free as possible. All I did before my OS update was to update my Clover to the latest version.

By using the attached config.plist and the new method for dealing with updates to AppleHDA.kext no manual patching at all is required.

Performance seems just as good as before too.

:)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 236

By the way, I never bothered to update bios since version 022. It seems as if there is not really anything to gain from updating and potentially some things to lose. What do you think?

Nice to hear. Is there custom (automatic) fan control in 0022? (You can set minimum and maximum fan speed)
I think i remember it came with 0024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back