Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

:clap:

That's great!! I will go through the guide as soon as you post it and let you know if I have any issues. The only difference is I went with an Intel 180gb mSata as Amazon had it for less than a 1$/gb.

:clap:

That's great!! I will go through the guide as soon as you post it and let you know if I have any issues. The only difference is I went with an Intel 180gb mSata as Amazon had it for less than a 1$/gb.

Shouldn't be an issue. I've even done it on a 1Tb samsung 840 evo here. Thats good storage!

WD, see attached - as mentioned in my PM to you just now. Please test it out before going general release.

:)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 101

Hello,

I am having issues with kernel panics while to installing ...

I keep getting stuck on "System uptime in nanoseconds: XXXXXXX"

I've checked my bios settings multiple times... following donkeys guide.

I've attached a screenshot of the KP, thanks for any help!:D

photo.jpg

Hello,

I am having issues with kernel panics while to installing ...

I keep getting stuck on "System uptime in nanoseconds: XXXXXXX"

I've checked my bios settings multiple times... following donkeys guide.

I've attached a screenshot of the KP, thanks for any help!:D

View attachment 93533

You haven't followed the instructions for creating the installer properly. You should create a new one, following the guide this time.

I have followed the steps multiple time for the installer - using multiple usb sticks.

Still get the same KP's. Does this have anything to do with 10.9.3?

I have followed the steps multiple time for the installer - using multiple usb sticks.

Still get the same KP's. Does this have anything to do with 10.9.3?

As posted previously im working on a new guide for 10.9.3 which will be published in due course.

But, you still have not followed the guide for creating the installer. I can tell that straight away from the screenshot you posted.

"Unzip the 'Haswell NUC Install Pack' you downloaded earlier. Inside you will find several files; the 2 you are interested in are org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist."

Do these files replace the existing files within the Extra folder on the Unibeast usb stick? aka copy over them?

Just before we quit the Terminal app, type in the following in preparation for later :

Code:
chflags nohidden /Volumes/Unibeast/Extra
chflags nohidden /Volumes/Unibeast/Extra/*
Do I type these into terminal and hit enter or no? nothing appears to happen after I do this.

Thanks for your help - I've tried this over 20 times to no avail.

"Unzip the 'Haswell NUC Install Pack' you downloaded earlier. Inside you will find several files; the 2 you are interested in are org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist."

Do these files replace the existing files within the Extra folder on the Unibeast usb stick? aka copy over them?

Just before we quit the Terminal app, type in the following in preparation for later :

Code:
chflags nohidden /Volumes/Unibeast/Extra
chflags nohidden /Volumes/Unibeast/Extra/*
Do I type these into terminal and hit enter or no? nothing appears to happen after I do this.

Thanks for your help - I've tried this over 20 times to no avail.

Well it tells you in the very next paragraph to copy those 2 files to the /Extra folder of the Unibeast drive.

There will be no output from the 2 chflags commands unless something went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back