Contribute
Register

Install Catalina with iGPU only - Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your replay.

Attached is my complete EFI folder.
I removed the debug=0x100 booth argument - I thought that what you meant!

Anyway, i put the boot argument back and unchecked debug on the same window.
I put back the GFX0 to IGPU patch.

I attempted a boot and this time it hangs at verbose as per attached photo - it did not reboot and it did not continue booth into video.

Note: i dont have the RTX 2070 installed.

Okay :thumbup:

Generally that verbose output points to graphics as being the problem.

I notice under the "Devices" section you have a Fake ID of 0x12345678. Remove it to test. That may be conflicting with the "ig-platform-id" we put in "Graphics".

Separately, you should not need the AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext in your kexts folder. Unless it's there for a specific reason I don't know about. Perhaps leave it until you get past the graphics problem.

Throughout these tests, keep a UniBeast installer USB handy to rescue you if things go belly-up.

:)

I notice under the "Devices" section you have a Fake ID of 0x12345678. Remove it to test.

You're wasting your time. I already told them to not put this in the config.plist, but they ignored all my advices and kept showing the same verbose errors because they keep using their original misconfigured config.plist.

To fix that they must use the config.plist I gave them that actually works (contains the proper devices properties injection) but doesn't have iGPU acceleration due to an incorrect deviceID/ig-plaform-id. Told them to use that one and try the different deviceIDs/ig-plaform-ids suggested for i9700k UHD630 (there are 3 or 4).

Unfollowing this thread now. Good luck.

Okay :thumbup:

Generally that verbose output points to graphics as being the problem.

I notice under the "Devices" section you have a Remove it to test. That may be conflicting with the "ig-platform-id" we put in "Graphics".

Separately, you should not need the AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext in your kexts folder. Unless it's there for a specific reason I don't know about. Perhaps leave it until you get past the graphics problem.

Throughout these tests, keep a UniBeast installer USB handy to rescue you if things go belly-up.

:)

I have not remove the AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext yet.
I did remove the Fake ID of 0x12345678 and attemted boot.

This time it had a kernel panic with photos - two photos are random photos before the panic.

I am attaching the exact config i have used.

Thanks for your continued support.

Attachments

• 20200616_123631.jpg
    20200616_123631.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200616_123605.jpg
    20200616_123605.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20200616_123616.jpg
    20200616_123616.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 22
  • config 5.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 57
You're wasting your time. I already told them to not put this in the config.plist, but they ignored all my advices and kept showing the same verbose errors because they keep using their original misconfigured config.plist.

To fix that they must use the config.plist I gave them that actually works (contains the proper devices properties injection) but doesn't have iGPU acceleration due to an incorrect deviceID/ig-plaform-id. Told them to use that one and try the different deviceIDs/ig-plaform-ids suggested for i9700k UHD630 (there are 3 or 4).

Unfollowing this thread now. Good luck.

I am really sorry that you feel your time was wasted as you have been of great help to me and with your support i have been able to install the system with iGPU - that was the original issue.

I have used config files (up to V9) with the files you have uploaded. I have never amended them.

UtterDisbelief have replied to a certain post by myslef where i have used the config that worked for me to boot and install the OS which happen the one containing the Fake ID of 0x12345678 . Based on that i have changed the config based on his comments.

I am really sorry again. But i am trying many things and it is possible that i have mixed up a few of the configs. That why i try to upload the config each time i try something new.

Wish you all the best and thanks again.

Last edited:
I have not remove the AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext yet.
I did remove the Fake ID of 0x12345678 and attemted boot.

This time it had a kernel panic with photos - two photos are random photos before the panic.

I am attaching the exact config i have used.

Thanks for your continued support.

Okay.

Taking a step back ...

What I am unable to understand is that if you have not yet successfully booted to the Catalina installer and managed to install it, why are we examining an EFI folder or config.plist? If they come from UniBeast then they should be left alone and unmodified, as they do work for the job intended.

All that is need to get over any initial problems - and there should be very few considering the hardware - is BIOS settings and maybe a boot-command we can enter from the Clover menu. Nothing else should be needed.

Six pages of help and no movement, not even the Installer ... We must be missing something. Sorry.

Last edited:
Okay.

Taking a step back ...

What I am unable to understand is that if you have not yet successfully booted to the Catalina installer and managed to install it, why are we examining an EFI folder or config.plist? If they come from UniBeast then they should be left alone and unmodified, as they do work for the job intended.

All that is need to get over any initial problems - and there should be very few considering the hardware - is BIOS settings and maybe a boot-command we can enter from the Clover menu. Nothing else should be needed.

Six pages of help and no movement, not even the Installer ... We must be missing something. Sorry.

I was thinking on the same line. So i have created a new bootable drive using unibeast. I changed the followign

1- changed the intelGFXto 0x0 and unchecked debug.

I added those 3 ACPI patches recommended by you.

I changed SMBIOS to 19,1
Checked inject intel under graphics.

edit: manually added -v at clover start.
result: It booted but no video. See last screen before screen went black.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
  • config 7.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200616_135444.jpg
    20200616_135444.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 23
ok - if it is going to help. Now i have installed an rx 5700 xt on the system. Hopefully i can install the os and get the required IDs for the integrated graphics.

@futurelogic just installed Catalina on his Gigabyte with a 5700. The main points are that you need " agpdmod=pikera" boot arg and also some people reported that not all the DP ports are out putting a signal.

If you need help with an EFI, this is one I put together for futurelogic, although I don't know if it helped him. It is based on Pastrychef's generic Gigabyte EFI, but I substituted the USBInjectAll kext and the USB kext patches.

ok - if it is going to help. Now i have installed an rx 5700 xt on the system. Hopefully i can install the os and get the required IDs for the integrated graphics.

For me personally, the default settings of multibeast worked. I thought they did not, however that's because I was missing the agdpmod line in my boot strings.

Once I added that, was able to get output on my miniDP port.

@futurelogic just installed Catalina on his Gigabyte with a 5700. The main points are that you need " agpdmod=pikera" boot arg and also some people reported that not all the DP ports are out putting a signal.

If you need help with an EFI, this is one I put together for futurelogic, although I don't know if it helped him. It is based on Pastrychef's generic Gigabyte EFI, but I substituted the USBInjectAll kext and the USB kext patches.

Thanks Tedyun,

I have replaced my EFI with the one in your post. However, Clover does not load with your EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back