Contribute
Register

Install boots via USB install drive, but not internal using clover - circle with line and then shuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-I Plus
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
[SOLVED] Install boots via USB install drive, but not internal using clover - circle with line and then shuts down

First, what is the proper term for the circle with the line through? This might help me search for an existing answer.

---

Following the Tonymacx86 installation guide, I managed to install El Capitan with the Unibeast installer and the Clover Legacy bootloader. I did all the post-installation up to Clover Configurator, and everything was working perfectly (booting, audio, network, etc...)

However, iMessage was broken, so I opened clover configurator to try to setup the SMBIOS settings (using the existing /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) as the base.

Now, whenever I try to boot, I get a circle with a linethrough.

I'm still able to boot into my system if I plug in the Unibeast created installer and select my internal drive.

Is there any way to debug this or somehow start with a clean clover install?

I've tried reinstalling `Clover_v2.3k_r3320-Legacy-root.pkg` and the CustoMac essentials, but it still doesn't work.

[SOLVED] Install boots via USB install drive, but not internal using clover - circle with line and then shuts down

Apple call it the prohibitory symbol but many people erroneously refer to it as the no entry sign.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/173991-big-list-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html

Ah, ok, immediately that helped a lot, and I'm feeling really silly as of course the first thing I should have done as mentioned in the thread is boot into verbose mode.

So the error was

This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this plaform!

Which was of course due to the wrong SMBIOS settings, I updated to a newer MacPro model and it's working again.

--

Now my issues with iMessage are still there, but I think I will do more research and create a new thread if necessary.

Thank you for the help and pointing me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back