Graphics
Radeon 7670m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Currently dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu (not on a separate partition). I want to triple boot with Mavericks, i.e. Mavericks on a one partition and Windows/Ubuntu on another on the same (and only) hard drive. I understand I need to convert MBR to GPT and that I can do this without data loss by using Aomei. I am not using GRUB.

I have searched the forums and can't find a similar situation, so here are my questions:

1. Would converting to GTP break my current (pictured) boot menu?

2. Would installing Mavericks on a separate partition:
a. Break my current boot entries?
b. Allow for Chimera to have 3 entries?

photo.JPG

Currently dual booting Windows 7 and Ubuntu (not on a separate partition). I want to triple boot with Mavericks, i.e. Mavericks on a one partition and Windows/Ubuntu on another on the same (and only) hard drive. I understand I need to convert MBR to GPT and that I can do this without data loss by using Aomei. I am not using GRUB.

I have searched the forums and can't find a similar situation, so here are my questions:

1. Would converting to GTP break my current (pictured) boot menu?

2. Would installing Mavericks on a separate partition:
a. Break my current boot entries?
b. Allow for Chimera to have 3 entries?

View attachment 82405

In any case, you'll be using an OS X capable bootloader instead of the Windows boot manager (Chimera/Chameleon/Clover).

And it is quite likely the process of converting to GPT (actually you need a hybrid GPT/MBR) that you'll break both Linux boot and Windows boot and both will need to be repaired.

Make sure before starting you have a backup of any important data.

Thanks for the reply - could you point me to a post / tutorial on properly configuring the hard drive and possibly fixing boot issues? Again thanks for your time and apologies if I've duplicated / missed anything.

Thanks for the reply - could you point me to a post / tutorial on properly configuring the hard drive and possibly fixing boot issues? Again thanks for your time and apologies if I've duplicated / missed anything.

It is probably best to use google for such things... "Fixing boot issues" is just too wide a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back