Contribute
Register

Inserting USB device cause Mt. Lion to Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think now I fixed the problem with the usb causing a system freeze. After I updated to 10.8.2 and restored the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to its original file, everything seems to work fine.

How to do it? I have the same problem in my GA Z77X UP5TH Board

I think now I fixed the problem with the usb causing a system freeze. After I updated to 10.8.2 and restored the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to its original file, everything seems to work fine.

hi elinato1, since I will install ML on a Extreme6 in the next few days, did you used the patched bios v 2.10 ?? and what do you mean to restore AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to its original file ? if I use the patched bios I do not think I need a modified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement file correct ?

I'm having the same problem with my GA-Z77X-UD5H board, and I would like to try your fix, but I don't completely understand it. What do you mean by restoring AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to it's original file? Am I just too green to know about that? I'm already running 10.8.2, and while the USB Bluetooth dongle works fine, inserting a USB drive crashes me every time.

Thanks!
Alex

hi elinato1, since I will install ML on a Extreme6 in the next few days, did you used the patched bios v 2.10 ?? and what do you mean to restore AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to its original file ? if I use the patched bios I do not think I need a modified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement file correct ?

Yes, I installed the patched bios v2.10.

Yes, you dont need to modified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

I did a mistake before, and installed it on my system, then I started to have some problem with my usb. I just restored it from Mt. Lion usb.

It could be also that something else cause the problem of the usb.

Anyway, now I have no problem at all.

I'm having the same problem with my GA-Z77X-UD5H board, and I would like to try your fix, but I don't completely understand it. What do you mean by restoring AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to it's original file? Am I just too green to know about that? I'm already running 10.8.2, and while the USB Bluetooth dongle works fine, inserting a USB drive crashes me every time.

Thanks!
Alex

Hey,

I did a mistake before, I installed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from MultiBeast. But actually I didn't need to do so. So, I just copy AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext from Mt. Lion usb.

I will try to make this crash again, and see what cause it. Will post my result in a few days.

Im having the same problem on my ASRock Z77 Extreme4. Whenever I put in a USB stick or turned on my EHD, ML would lock up. I went in UEFI and disabled USB 3.0 controller as I dont use any USB3 devices. This seemed to work but after updating to 10.8.2 out of no where it locked up again when I turned on my EHD.

I figured perhaps it was due to an entry in my boot plist file. When I updated to 10.8.2 it overwrote my bootflags, i.e. GraphicsEnabler=0 and PCIRootUID=0. I reinstalled Chimera and reconfigured my boot plist to include those 2 strings. This seemed to have fixed it, but I still had a lock up.

Will try this AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but where can I get it? I looked into ML but couldnt find it. Can I use Kext Utility and just drag it on top of the window and reboot?

I must have reloaded 10.8.2 ML on my GA-Z77X-D3H MOBO version 1.0 about 10 times now.

The issue with the LaCie driver and NullCPUPowerManagement did nothing. The system will always lock up and freeze a few seconds after inserting a USB drive.

The only thing that works is to keep a USB drive inserted during bootup.

It is interesting to note that folks with "Genuine Apple Hardware" experience freezes as well under similar circumstances.

I have the same problem with my board z77-ds3h. 10.8.2 I have a stable system except for the usb devices, when inserted when the computer is on, freeze the system. Do any of you have a solution?

If I boot without any USB drives connected, then turn on my EHD or insert a flash drive it will lock up after a few seconds. If I boot with an USB stick in (bootable or not, doesnt matter), then it seems USB works fine without error. So it seems the only solution is to keep a USB flashdrive inserted at all times when you boot.

Someone has got to know whats going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back