Contribute
Register

Inserting USB device cause Mt. Lion to Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello elinato1,

try this! I patched method _PLD of devices HSP1...HSP4 and SSP1 ... SSP4 to return a buffer in version 2 format instead of a buffer in version 1 format which resolved the issue for me. See sections 6.1.8 and 9.13 of the ACPI 5.0 specs (www.acpi.info/DOWNLOADS/ACPIspec50.pdf) for further details. Although I'm confident that the patched DSDT will work fine, as a savety measure you should always be prepared to handle kernel panics on boot while experimenting with DSDT edits.

Good luck!

Mieze

Hi Mieze,

I tried your patched DSDT, it didn't work. Still got freeze system as before.

Not sure what to do next...

Cheers

I found a temporary solution to the problem, I plugin a usb device during boot, and just keep it plugged at all time, then I can plugin anytime any other usb device, without that my system freeze.

GA-Z68AP-D3 ML freeze inserting USB

For info, I have the same problem with GA-Z68AP-D3.
Also OK if I leave USB in from boot, including inserting other USB after successful boot with original USB device staying in.

Is the lacie fix the same as the USB 3 kext from Multibeast 4.6.1?
'Enables USB 3.0 ports for systems using the NEC/Renesas D720200 controller or Etron EJ168 controller. LaCie 1.0.8 driver patched by modbin. Installs PXHCD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/. Caution- this driver may be unstable, causing system boot errors.'
If I install this kext my system has the 'must press power button to power off' message, and so I have to remove it.

Will try DSDT fix above when I get time.

For info, I have the same problem with GA-Z68AP-D3.
Also OK if I leave USB in from boot, including inserting other USB after successful boot with original USB device staying in.

Is the lacie fix the same as the USB 3 kext from Multibeast 4.6.1?
'Enables USB 3.0 ports for systems using the NEC/Renesas D720200 controller or Etron EJ168 controller. LaCie 1.0.8 driver patched by modbin. Installs PXHCD.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/. Caution- this driver may be unstable, causing system boot errors.'
If I install this kext my system has the 'must press power button to power off' message, and so I have to remove it.

Will try DSDT fix above when I get time.

I think the lacie driver is the same.

BTW, I did a clean install of ML but that didn't solved my problem, I'm still using the solution with a USB device plugin at all time.

I think now I fixed the problem with the usb causing a system freeze. After I updated to 10.8.2 and restored the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to its original file, everything seems to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back