Contribute
Register

Inject FB Name For AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,Could you upload a IORegistryExplorer screenshot image with searching keyword “display”?

@shathenine

Sure!
SSDT.png Whatever Green.png

Rename all “kamarang” to “Iriri” and test it again. If hardware encoding still unsupported, remove the SSDT file and use WhateverGreen.

@shathenine

Hardware encoding is supported in both scenarios but no graphics name with your SSDT.

If I change name in your SSDT from your original "Radeon Pro Vega 56" to the name WhateverGreen is using "AMD Radeon Vega 56" name instead of N/A is showing up correct.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png

Radeon Pro Vega 56 is the official iMac Pro1.1 name so why is WhateverGreen reporting the generic name?
Any ideas?

Last edited:
@shathenine

Hardware encoding is supported in both scenarios but no graphics name with your SSDT.

If I change name in your SSDT from your original "Radeon Pro Vega 56" to the name WhateverGreen is using "AMD Radeon Vega 56" name instead of N/A is showing up correct.

View attachment 309741
View attachment 309752

Radeon Pro Vega 56 is the official iMac Pro1.1 name so why is WhateverGreen reporting the generic name?
Any ideas?
The correct Name is Radeon RX Vega 56 in 10.13.4。In 10.13.3 and older system version,it named Radeon HD Vega 10 XT Prototype.

The metal support level is indeed cosmetic in the system info (Metal: Supported / GPUFamily1_v3). I have written a little Swift console app that checks the capabilities.

Binary:
https://github.com/Gaulomatic/Metal-Features-Inspector/releases/tag/1.0.0

Source:
https://github.com/Gaulomatic/Metal-Features-Inspector

Output on my Vega 64:

Device ID: 0
Device Name: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
IsHeadless: false
IsLowPower: false
IsRemovable: false
ProgrammableSamplePositionsSupported: true
RasterOrderGroupsSupported: true
Depth24Stencil8PixelFormatSupported: true
MaxThreadgroupMemoryLength: 32768
RecommendedMaxWorkingSetSize: 8573157376
SupportsFeatureSet 'macOS_GPUFamily1_v1': true
SupportsFeatureSet 'macOS_GPUFamily1_v2': true
SupportsFeatureSet 'macOS_GPUFamily1_v3': true
SupportsFeatureSet 'macOS_ReadWriteTextureTier2': true
SupportsFeatureSet 'osx_GPUFamily1_v1': true
SupportsFeatureSet 'osx_GPUFamily1_v1': true
SupportsFeatureSet 'osx_ReadWriteTextureTier2': true

You guys are legends! I'm so nearly there sleep/wake issue and Framebuffer injection.. But it still ain't working!!

Would be really helpful if you could take a look at my IOReg/SSDT/config? I got feeling my SSDT is not implementing.

Attachments

• SSDT-RX570.aml
    815 bytes · Views: 264
  • Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 00.42.48.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 00.42.48.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 313
  • config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 289
Hello, shathenine.

I have been testing SSDT-Vega56-FBName-Iriri.aml for the last two days.

• SSDT-Vega56-FBName-Iriri.aml seems to work fine.
  • If you use it, RadeonDeInit and WhateverGreen.kext are not necessary.
  • Using this SSDT, the video card information appears in System Information's PCI section.
  • Sleep/wake works fine.
  • Using this SSDT with iMacPro1,1 system definition, FCPX stabilization works.
  • Using this SSDT with iMac18,3 system definition, FCPX stabilization froze the whole system.
  • Nightshift works.
Thanks for your work!! :clap:

Last edited:
Hello, shathenine.

I have been testing SSDT-Vega56-FBName-Iriri.aml for the last two days.

• SSDT-Vega56-FBName-Iriri.aml seems to work fine.
  • If you use it, RadeonDeInit and WhateverGreen.kext are not necessary.
  • Using this SSDT, the video card information appears in System Information's PCI section.
  • Sleep/wake works fine.
  • Using this SSDT with iMacPro1,1 system definition, FCPX stabilization works.
  • Using this SSDT with iMac18,3 system definition, FCPX stabilization froze the whole system.
  • Nightshift works.
Thanks for your work!! :clap:
Thank you for testing

with this ssdt edits, would it be possible to run Display port 4k screen and HDMI HD screen without whatevergreen or vegafixup kexts?

I have problem with these kexts FCPX export to h264 breaks, but i need to run both of my screens for work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back