CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, so I've been using happily my hackintosh for the last 1 year and a half, until it hit me. I wanted to try and install Catalina on my machine, so I had to mess around with a bunch of stuff, but in the end I just gave up.

Currently, I'm running on 10.14.6 with the following specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - BIOS F10
CPU: CPUi3-8100
GPU: GraphicsRX 580
Clover Booting Version: 5102

Until now, I've had sound working just fine, even after setting the machine to sleep. I could boot it back up and the sound was there, as many times as I wanted to. However, everything changed today.

I've tried a few solutions when I firstly (1 year and a half ago) had no sound by following this post:

Nothing worked. Then I just randomly came across a guy saying "Make your machine definition as MacPro 3,1", which I did, and voila, everything worked smoothly.

So today, I messed around with everything due to the fact that I was willing to update to Catalina, so as expected, the Hackintosh God was not on my side and he messed back with me!

The issue as of now:

If I turn my machine definition to MacPro 3,1 , clover won't let me boot (see attachment below for v.mode)
If I turn my machine definition to MacPro 6,1 or higher, clover will let me boot, I'll get sound just fine & then once I set my machine to sleep and wake it back up, there's no sound.

So essentially the only fix to me having sound over and over again, no matter how many times I put my machine to sleep (which I do a lot of times), is defining my system as MacPro 3,1. But then I can't boot.

ANY HELP? Any ideas?!

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• 82658070_163996138213628_1859956070231834624_n.jpg
    82658070_163996138213628_1859956070231834624_n.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 63
Alright so I've managed to somehow get audio by changing my system definition to iMac 14,2 , however now I don't have audio after 2nd-time-sleep.
That means that once I set my machine to sleep for the first time, sound works fine. After I set it to sleep for the 2nd time, audio comes back for about 2 minutes and then goes off, no more audio.

Anyone has any idea how can I fix this?

There is a setting in Clover Configurator to 'reset audio' which hardware resets the audio chip when it is initialized and may fix your problem. I also would point out to not overlook simply using a USB audio adapter. it will simply work with no configuration at all. Here is the link for the latest AppleALC.,ext: AppleALC. Also, do you have Whatevergreen and Lilu installed? If this is on your Z370 board it should be pretty easy to get the onboard audio to work and I am using it because it did 'just work' for me using the default config the Clover installer creates, the standalone Clover installer from this website. You can find a guide for your motherboard and check the audio specific settings in the config.plist they provide. Compare their settings to yours, should be able to find one specific to your motherboard. I used a USB DAC for years and it is a good alternative, one that I will return to myself if I have much issues with audio. On a lower end board a cheap USB DAC will even sound better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back