Contribute
Register

In Depth Guide for BridgeHelper 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcmon151 said:
Audio still isnt workng for me :cry:

Here is exactly what ive done:
Install, kernel copy, multibeast with: userdsdt woth no dsdt on the desktop, non dsdt enabler for 887/888b and atheros gigabit ethernet. Then kextbeast with toledas interim applehda, then bridgehelper 5, and finally chimera. Everything works natively including my recently "baked" 8800GT, but i still get no audio. No devices or output

have you solved the audio problem yet? looks like i'm having the same problem? i did a clean install with unibeast - bridgehelper 5.0 (mainboard bios still on fw2 - should i update to fw6?). then the non-dsdt enabler via multibeast 4.5.2 and then the interim applehda with kextbeast (should i make a restart between those two steps ?). i tried various combinations of removing HDA&ALC Kexts and reinstalling the kexts in different order, but no non-dsdt sound yet.

i noticed, that i got two "intel high definition audio" (id 887) in system information

i can get audio to work with the ds3h DTST but the sound quality is not very good.

Djarum02 said:
SaSAX said:
As if anyone would be interested, I use the SSDT file from MultiBeast for i7 processors, without DSDT.

Tested with MSRDumper and I can see various CPU multipliers.

Mid Temperatute 37º.

I'm using SMBIOS MACPro3.1. I also tested with MAC MINI 5.1

Which SMBIOS are you using?

MACPro3.1 myself.

Can you post the code from your MSRDumper?

bdmsg
Customizing SystemID with : 90022b03-3404-3005-9006-f40700080009
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT.aml] 945 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT-1.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
Found ACPI CPU: CPU0
Found ACPI CPU: CPU1
Found ACPI CPU: CPU2
Found ACPI CPU: CPU3
Found ACPI CPU: CPU4
Found ACPI CPU: CPU5
Found ACPI CPU: CPU6
Found ACPI CPU: CPU7
SSDT with CPU C-States generated successfully
P-States: min 16, max 35
Number of P-States Generated: 20
SSDT with CPU P-States generated successfully
RSDT: Added 3 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
Added 3 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

Console
22/06/12 15:54:50,000 kernel: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
22/06/12 15:54:50,000 kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 39

I didn't need a SSDT or a DSDT at all, everything working great- here's my updated guide for Ivy Bridge and BridgeHelper 5.0

Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052&start=0

solved my audio problems:

had to update the D3SH BIOS Firmware to F6 (from F2).

(don't forget to re-enable AHCI mode in BIOS, or osx won't start)

tonymacx86 said:
I didn't need a SSDT or a DSDT at all, everything working great- here's my updated guide for Ivy Bridge and BridgeHelper 5.0

Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59052&start=0

Hi Tony, I followed your first guide but my concern to improve the system has made me keep trying things, so what the SSDT. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel the cpu temperature higher without the SSDT.

Could you post your SMBIOS and org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

Thanks for all your effort.

solved my audio problems:

had to update the D3SH BIOS Firmware to F6 (from F2).

(don't forget to re-enable AHCI mode in BIOS, or osx won't start)

Audio still isn't working for me. I have verified that i had f6 and re updated the bios to F6, reinstalled, and still no audio. any suggestions? is there anything I should be doing in the bios or something because this is driving me insane! :crazy:

UPDATE: Just to add, both before lion installation and after, and even after multi beast/applehda the sound card doesn't even show up in System Report in About This Mac!! only Intel High Definition Audio with audio id 887 but that is the hdmi isn't it!? I really need audio I'm a producer!

Is it correct there is no way to get other screen resolutions with Intel HD4000 than 1024x768 yet?

//update

To answer my own Question:

Use this in /Extras/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to get higher resolution. Still: no gfx hardware accelaration! Wait for Mountain Lion!

Code:
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Hey, I finally got the ethernet running on my Ivy Brdge system, but then i wanted to download lion, cause for now I have just a SL retail DVD. I needed to use the legacy version of iBoot and now I'm just one step away from Lion, but the Mac App Store don't let me download my purchased copy of Lion because it's saying there must be an Core 2 or Core i CPU :(
At system information there really is no CPU... just 3.41 GHz Unknown

What can I do?

Vaellian

Vaellian said:
Hey, I finally got the ethernet running on my Ivy Brdge system, but then i wanted to download lion, cause for now I have just a SL retail DVD. I needed to use the legacy version of iBoot and now I'm just one step away from Lion, but the Mac App Store don't let me download my purchased copy of Lion because it's saying there must be an Core 2 or Core i CPU :(

What can I do?

Vaellian

i think that you must use a SMBios.plist file. Are you using one? MacPro3.1 for example.

With this and chimera, you should not have problems.

Thanks for the answer and I tried it but without success. I also updated chimera to 1.10 but no CPU name, too. I restarted each try. Is there the posibility that the reason for this is that I have to use the iBoot Legacy CD each time I reboot?

Do anyone have an idea?
Is there any way to make him think there is an i5?

Edit: Sorry for the off topic posts. Should I open a new topic?

SaSAX said:
Vaellian said:

What can I do?

Vaellian

i think that you must use a SMBios.plist file. Are you using one? MacPro3.1 for example.

With this and chimera, you should not have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back